Chase's first bath comming this weekend.

chase's dad

Forums Regular
We are going to give Chase his first bath this weekend. He has never had a bath so this will be his the first one in his life. I'm going to get before and after pictures to post. He's not "dirty" just want to get him on a schedule for routine grooming. I did have a neighbor ask me the other day ask me how often he gets a bath because his white coat is so bright white. When I told him he has never had a bath in his life he was shocked. I explained that good diet has a lot to do with coat condition.
Wish me luck not sure how he will react to his first bath.
 
When I gave 12-week old Layla her first bath in the kitchen sink, she acted less than thrilled. I was very careful to be gentle and not to get anything in her eyes or ears.

The next day, I was at the sink, and she come over and pawed me. I finall figured out what she wanted: to be lifted up and put in the sink! :eek2: She asked to be "sat" in the sink for several weeks -- how funny! :lol:
 
Gosh I remember Maggie's first bath in the sink...she was not a happy camper. She tried to get out. Zak had his first bath the day we picked him up so he was much older when I gave him his first one. Such an important day one for the record books when you give them their first bath. Then they look so fluffy.
 
When I gave 12-week old Layla her first bath in the kitchen sink, she acted less than thrilled. I was very careful to be gentle and not to get anything in her eyes or ears.

The next day, I was at the sink, and she come over and pawed me. I finall figured out what she wanted: to be lifted up and put in the sink! :eek2: She asked to be "sat" in the sink for several weeks -- how funny! :lol:

That's so cute. You must be a very good bath giver. Kind of like a spa treatment.

Lexi has a groomer and Pyper just went for the first time a couple weeks ago. This lady is a miracle worker. Lexi pulls to get to the door of the salon and runs to her groomer, greets her, then gets right into the crate to wait her turn. She loves her "spa day". I took the two of them together for Pyper's first time. Because Lexi is so happy to be there, Pyper now has the same attitude.
 
Don't go overboard with shampoo - its not really necessary. You are areally only trying to teach him to get used to the experience.

I would suggest though that you have a spray-in conditioner handy. After the bath, you'll need to brush him out and a leave in conditioner really helps with that.
 
Back
Top