Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Chat room?

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by ruckusluvr, Aug 23, 2009.

1. ruckusluvr

ruckusluvr Forums Enthusiast

Is there anyway that sheltie forums can have a chat room? That would be awesome!

Selena Wohlslagel likes this.
  2. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    I do think a one-on-one chat feature instead of a group chat would be great. There has been discussion about adding it to vbulletin software, but currently it is not an option.

There is 3rd party software that can be integrated, but it is costly. And they are a real pain to moderate. You need a ton of staffing to prevent problems from blowing up.

This forum is still too small for such a big add on.

3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I can't even keep up with the static posts -- a chat room would result in my head exploding! :dead:

4. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I'm with you! I'm not sure if I could resist it, and I would then be glued to my office chair 24 x 7!

Can you imagine the stats I would have with a chat room! Yee gods! I'd probably break some kind of world-record for non-interrupted chatting! :eek2:

5. Ania

Ania Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2008
    Canada
    Me too! I've been away from the computer for two days and now have almost 50 threads to catch up on (never mind the posts within the threads!) It is a good idea, but my goodness, I don't know what I would do.

6. Selena Wohlslagel

Selena Wohlslagel Forums Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2021
    Didn't know where to post this. We live in SW Florida and there has been a baby boom in Cane Toads also known as Bufo Toads.These toads are very poisonous and if you live anywhere they might be.. must be on lookout for them. Only 50 percent of the dogs that get the toad poison survive. There are granules called PetdeFence that can be purchased kind of expensive that you sprinkle around perimeter of your yard. The granules are safe for the dogs but supposedly Cane Toads don't like them and will stay away. I haven't tried them yet. But last night I had a juvenile toad in my mail basket.juvies are equally toxic. And the other day my neighbor had one she had to remove from her little personal door basket. Just wanted to give a heads up about the birth boom of these horrible Toads. Be careful and watchful.And if you see one kill it humanely but quickly.they are not native to Florida and pose a big danger to our dogs

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    the Health section or the general sheltie chat area would be good places:yes:

a thread that's 12 years old is not the right place........................

8. Selena Wohlslagel

Selena Wohlslagel Forums Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2021