Chews

Just a note about the himalayan chews. I was browsing Amazon the other day and saw they have these http://www.himalayandogchew.com/?input=product&&product=puff

So I had a small peice of himalayan chew that I threw (not at the dog) and it cracked into 3 small peices, too small for her to chew on. So I decided to microwave one just to see if it would puff up. It only took about 40 seconds and it had tripled in size. I let it cool off and let Missy have it. It kinda reminded me of a really hard meringue cookie. It wasn't nearly as hard as it was before, and she was able to chew on it. But it didn't crumble instantly or anything. If you're just throwing away the peices when they get too small because you're afraid your dog will choke on them, you could try microwaving them so they can finish them off. Of course, if you're still not comfortable, feel free to throw them away!
 
Back
Top