Chipped Tooth

3Stars

Forums Enthusiast
Here comes the guilt...

I was tossing treats for Starr as we were waiting to get into the training ring, and I accidentally tossed one too close to a metal chair...and my poor pup smacked his chin on it an broke off one of his front teeth. There's no pulp showing, so hopefully it doesn't hurt him, but I feel horrible. :(
 
so sorry.....that is a bummer :(

Olive broke one of her teeth and it didn't have the pulp. the vet checked her out, okay verdict. She does just fine and I don't know if she ever noticed.
 
Don't feel bad...our Barkley chipped a front canine tooth more than a year ago on a piece of silverware. We were giving him a bite of chicken from a fork at the end of our dinner and he chomps so hard (which is why we used the fork instead of fingers) that he chipped the tooth.

I took him to the vet, and he hadn't chipped it far enough to do damage, so the vet said to leave it alone. Doesn't seem to bother him a bit. Now we use a soft plastic baby spoon for giving "last bite" treats!

I'd have your vet take a look at it to be safe but most likely, Starr will be fine.
 
Colonel Underpants broke his left front canine a few years back. He thought it was fun to attack a fence post in protest of our leaving. Our vet pulled the remaining half -- a replacement would have been a fortune -- and he's fine now.

Oh, and no, he doesn't attack fence posts any more!
 
Back
Top