Can I just say how awesome it is that you can move up during a trial? With USDAA, you can't. So you basically could pay for runs that mean nothing. I guess it's good practice, but I'd much rather move up that weekend!
Great runs! Bentley is such an awesome sheltie and Ashley and her husband are great handlers that really seem to complement each other well regarding Bentley's strengths. I was especially impressed with your steeplechase run. It looks like he will have his ADCH in no time at all.
USDAA trials have 5 regular classes (Standard, Jumpers, Snooker, Gamblers, Pairs) at all 3 levels and 3 tournaments (Grand Prix, Steeplechase and sometimes Team events). There are also unlimited entries (unlike AKC which has limited entries and 3 classes max per day). Things can get pretty crazy for the trial secretary and what I have been told is that the organization decided that it would be asking too much of trial secretaries to have to do move-ups during a trial.
There has been some talk of now allowing move-ups over a 3 day weekend (if you get your title on Friday, you can move up on Sunday) since this allows the secretary some more time to re-do all the running orders and scribe sheets....but it's still at the discretion of the club and I don't know of many trial secretaries willing to do this!
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.