consistency

consitency

Yeah the one I linked was 28 seconds if I'm counting correctly. I don't save the papers so I just counted from what time the video said he crossed the first jump til the last jump.

The one he did in 18 seconds was in reference to this post http://www.sheltieforums.com/showpost.php?p=130903&postcount=5 Unfortunately my daughter had to work that day so I had no one to video tape. Normally it's the good runs that I have no videos of and the ones I take video of are disasters :biggrin2:

I know but what trial was it
 
nice runs.what was his time in the jww run that you won.Very nice

Trust me, it sounds much nicer in text than most of our runs look in real life :lol: There are lots of runs that I taped that I would never share with anyone :wink2: I believe he has tons of potential but sometimes I feel like I'm holding him back. I know with a calmer, more consistent trainer he'd be so much further along than he is.
 
This thread is great, but it's starting to sway from the original poster's question. Remember, you can always private message each other if you have an off topic question. :biggrin2:
 
This thread is great, but it's starting to sway from the original poster's question. Remember, you can always private message each other if you have an off topic question. :biggrin2:

Sorry about that :o The original intention was only to say that our handling means all the difference when it comes to qualifying consistently :)
 
thank you for posting videos, love seeing Trax run. I am not sure if hubby ever download mine but I feel I need to start another post- "why am I running 2 feet behind my dog?"
Che is similar to Trax in that he is tough dog that can take a lot, he LOVES his agility and he runs fast. I have no physical handicap to run faster but somehow it does not seem to be right answer....
 
thank you for posting videos, love seeing Trax run. I am not sure if hubby ever download mine but I feel I need to start another post- "why am I running 2 feet behind my dog?"
Che is similar to Trax in that he is tough dog that can take a lot, he LOVES his agility and he runs fast. I have no physical handicap to run faster but somehow it does not seem to be right answer....

It all comes back to the start of the thread title "consistency" :biggrin2: If they know what's expected and you're doing what you're supposed to *consistently* then you'll have a higher Q rate. Just my opinion of course ;)
 
Given he's fast, distance training is going to be very beneficial. It'll allow you to handle when you can't be right there with your dog. You'll also have to learn to get your cues out extremely early, as a fast dog is going to need information as soon as you can give it to them, as otherwise, they're off doing the wrong obstacle.
Here's an example of where distance is useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnwSYVaGB0c
Just watch the first run with the blue dog. She is too fast for me, and without being able to send her out on her own for jumps, there's no way I'd get those front crosses.
 
Last edited:
Given he's fast, distance training is going to be very beneficial. It'll allow you to handle when you can't be right there with your dog. You'll also have to learn to get your cues out extremely early, as a fast dog is going to need information as soon as you can give it to them, as otherwise, they're off doing the wrong obstacle.
Here's an example of where distance is useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnwSYVaGB0c
Just watch the first run with the blue dog. She is too fast for me, and without being able to send her out on her own for jumps, there's no way I'd get those front crosses.

Oh I agree 100%! With a fast dog, you need early cues and lateral distance. Also knowing when to get ahead to make up for other times when you can't beat them out. Although it's not always about being fast I do run sprints to train myself for our runs, but he's still faster than me :wink2:
 
Back
Top