Crochet for pets!

I think, after looking at the materials list, that I will start off with a scarf instead. I don't have ANY of the materials, and if I bought all of the materials I needed for a nice sized blanket it would cost me about $100. :uhoh:

The scarf I found is Smudge sized and will cost about $6 to make. :biggrin2:

That seems like a lot, I crochet blankets, hats, scarfs, stuffed animals and all I have is a few diffrent size needles and one small $3 or $4 book with instructions for stiches, other then that all I get is the yarn and most of the patterns I use have come off the backs of the yarn labels.
 
That seems like a lot, I crochet blankets, hats, scarfs, stuffed animals and all I have is a few diffrent size needles and one small $3 or $4 book with instructions for stiches, other then that all I get is the yarn and most of the patterns I use have come off the backs of the yarn labels.

I think when I went to go look at the materials needed to make the blanket I hit the button twice. It is actually $70 for the supplies:

2 balls 640-112 Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick Yarn: Raspberry
· 2 balls 640-114 Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick Yarn: Denim
· 2 balls 640-106 Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick Yarn: Sky Blue
· 2 balls 640-099 Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick Yarn: Fisherman
· 2 balls 640-146 Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick Yarn: Fig
· 1 Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size P-15
· 1 Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)


BUT, each one of their yarns is a little over $6. Yeowch! :eek2: Maybe it's a big spool?


I was thinking it was a little high anyway though. $70 is still too high. I can't wait to get started on Smudge's scarf! I am going tomorrow to buy the supplies.
 
Well, I am rather miffed. I drove all the way to the other side of Texarkana to get crochet supplies...

...only to head into the Texarkana Wal-Mart to find that they sell crochet items.


:mad:

Our Wal-Mart didn't have any, so I assumed the ones in Texarkana didn't, either! I could have gotten a discount! I work there! ARG! :mad:


Anyway. :biggrin2:

I picked out the purple for Fluff and the orange for Smudge. Now that I got it home I think the orange is kind of ugly, but oh well. It's a good practice color. The tote is actually a back to college shower tote for $3 that I got at Wal-Mart. The hook is size N.

LET THE SHELTIE CROCHET MADNESS BEGIN! Oh yes.
 
Last edited:
yeah, I'm surprised they don't have it at your walmart. I get most of my crochet stuff from there but get yarn at specialty stores and that sort of thing every once in a while. You've inspired me to go digging through the garage and find my crochet stuff (every thing's packed because we're in the process of moving).
I might crochet a bed! my friends have a bed that their dog chewed up so that could be the stuffing! Just need to pick up some yarn.
 
It took me three hours last night to learn to tie a slipknot and to learn how to chain stitch. My Mom walked by, grabbed the hook, and showed me how to do it. Chain stitching is all she knows how to do though.


The videos on youtube go waaaay too fast, and the pictures are too confusing. I am stuck again learning how to learn the single stitch.


I have made a blog and a site for my crochet stuff. From the same that brought you Two Shelties and a Fat Chick comes....

TWO SHELTIES AND A CROCHET STITCH!

The site:
http://2shelties1stitch.shutterfly.com/

The blog:
http://2shelties1stitch.blogspot.com/

I have not added my chain stitch picture to my blog yet though. I go on vacation in two weeks so we will see how close I get to actually being able to make something. :lol:
 
I looked for my crochet box a little yesterday, I'll keep looking and if I can find it I'll scan some of the directions out of my book for you. It's a small inexpensive book I got at walmart I think but it's good, it has a lot of stitches and easy to understand images. once you get the basic stitch down everything else is easier.
 
So I found my crochet stuff and made this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pEIBkmJJYnU/THgsoK2LvAI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/SG7Tr1kl2Jo/s1600/022.JPG
it's a stuffable ball, I just put some of Saidy's normal kibble in it and she has been playing with it since I gave it to her a half hour ago!
Here's the pattern:
http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/03/doggie-kong-c.html
I want to make more balls and stuffed animals but I need to pick up some stuffing and I found some replacement squeakers at petsmart so I would love to get some of those to put in the toys. I found a pattern for a caterpillar toy that would be really cool with a squeaky in each section of the body!
here's the patter:
http://www.caron.com/projects/w/caterpillar.html
I tried to scan some of the images from my learn to crochet book but my scanner was being funky!
 
Yeah I am still learning how. On days that I work I don't even attempt trying because I am so tired from work I fall alseep trying to figure stuff out. :lol: So I have decided that Mondays are going to be my crochet days, because Wednesdays are park days. :biggrin2:


Next up...learning the single crochet stitch. It seems even more complicated than chain stitching! :eek2:
 
Back
Top