De Casa Swishy Tails...got thin~

I don't know that the tail thinning is because of rough play.

My boys play like that all the time....I fully expect to see hair stuck in their teeth like dental floss each time they go at it, but if I see fur flying, its mostly fur that was due to come out anyway.

Like I said, I expect, its blowing coat, but do keep your eyes open for bald patches.
 
Interesting as Angel's tail did that about three years ago and it never grew back in. :confused2:

It's from tail pulling,not blowing of coat.I think since this was posted,my Trapp also suffered from a large amount of hair that got pulled from just in front of his right ear.
 
When the dogs are playing and/or chasing each other, they will grab onto the other's tail. I have seen this with Emma and Liam. She will grab onto his tail when they are running and hold on. He grabs her behind the ears and holds on as they are running. Typical dog play - but it can let to mats behind the ears and hair loss.
 
Tail pulling? I'm not sure I'm following you.

Kimberly

Well Jasper likes to pull Trapp's hair.Either in his ruff area,and most recently to grabbing on for dear life,at the hair around his ears.

I actually don't have the picture handy,but I did post here,when I discovered the bald spot.maybe someone can find it and repost here.

The hair is growing back,but at a snails pace,and it finally is covered with new fuzz.

But I am sure that Jasper has been the culprit.If it is coat blow,he is not blowing a coat anywhere else. But the tail is noticeable thinner.
 
Well Jasper likes to pull Trapp's hair.Either in his ruff area,and most recently to grabbing on for dear life,at the hair around his ears.

I actually don't have the picture handy,but I did post here,when I discovered the bald spot.maybe someone can find it and repost here.

The hair is growing back,but at a snails pace,and it finally is covered with new fuzz.

But I am sure that Jasper has been the culprit.If it is coat blow,he is not blowing a coat anywhere else. But the tail is noticeable thinner.

Angel doesn't have anyone to pull her tail unless she's pulling her own tail. I groomed her out last night and undid some matt's and she's looking way better, more fluffy today.

K-
 
Back
Top