Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Deja passed her CGC!

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Strider, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas

Haha, great minds think alike cause I was thinking I thought Deja was Megans age for the same reason, hehe..

I was also beginning to feel real bad that a 6-7 month old puppy is so obedient that she could pass a CGC test. Although I am sure Deja could have and others here as well at that age, but NOT Megan..:eek:!

I guess that's my fault I need to learn better on how to teach her :rolleyes2:

2. Strider

Strider Forums Enthusiast

Dec 1, 2009
    Anchorage Alaska
    Bah, you do just fine. At 6 months there is no way on earth Deja would have passed. just stay with it, don't give up. You rock young Lady! Be patient with Megan and continue on. She'll amaze you.

3. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I doubt Diva could have pass a couple months ago. The sitting for petting would have gotten her. She was a wiggleworm. Ah,the difference a couple months make.:smile2: Diva is now 17 months yesterday.

4. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Bailey takes hers in a week and a half. I really doubt she will pass. If she does, I'll be ecstatic, but I won't be disappointed if she fails. I personally think we have a lot to work on, but they give the test at the end of her obedience class. I plan on taking her to the dog park before the test. Maybe then she'll be too tired to act out :winkgrin:

5. Strider

Dec 1, 2009
    Anchorage Alaska
    That's a great idea! Burn off some of that energy. Also, be sure to bring Bailey in before the test to see the environment if possible.

6. Phebe*DD

Phebe*DD Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    That's exactly what I did with Phebe. I also gave her treats for everything possible before we got to the test -- putting on the leash, getting in the car, sitting in the seat, getting out of the car ... Me as treat-giver was firmly imprinted in her little 9-month brain. :wink2:

7. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas

How are you going to use her esteemed CGC status? :smile2:

8. Strider

Dec 1, 2009
    Anchorage Alaska
    There's supposed to be a therapy training class in May. My intention is to get her therapy dog certificate. There's a few folk in my sheltie club that do therapy work and I want to help out as well.

9. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas
    Oh how wonderful, I love it :yes:.

10. Lynne

Lynne Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2010
    Ohio
    Congratulations!! all your hard work paid off!