Devon's last day as a puppy

Congratulations, Devon, on your Sheltie adulthood! I especially like the picture of you watching the turkey roast. :pop


The turkey photo was taken on Christmas Day last year. When I saw Devon standing there like that I just had to get a picture, because he was doing the exact same thing my previous Sheltie, Baron, did on that same day (Christmas) three years before. It was like a deja vu moment. Here is Baron on Christmas Day 2015:

 
Yea, those boys can take forever to grow up. Mr D never did!

Can I make a suggestion? I did up a one page biography on my dogs' birthday. It had things like, About the birthday boy/girl, likes, dislikes, hobbies, fave food, the year that was/highlights. Plus a few photos from the year. It's a fun thing to look back on as they grow older or when they are gone and has some lovely memories. It's funny too how their likes and dislikes change as they get older. Which reminds me I need to do one for Tully from a fortnight ago, and I guess I should still do one last one for Mr D even tho he didn't make it to his bday. I missed a couple of years when I was sick and I regret that.

I've been doing a little of that over the past year, putting journal entries in Outlook when Devon did something interesting. Funny thing is that the personality traits he had as a young puppy are still there. From the time I got him he expressed extreme willfulness and exhibited frustration when he couldn't have what he wanted. The way he expresses those traits has changed over time, but not the traits themselves. His latest example is with squirrels. Over the winter when we were in Florida he learned about squirrels and the fun involved in chasing them. He also learned that they can climb trees and he can't. That frustrates him. The way he expresses that frustration is by biting the bark off of the tree that the squirrel ran up. Now, if he thinks a squirrel might be up a tree, he runs over and bites it just for the heck of it.
 
Back
Top