Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dock diving

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SheepOfBlue, May 31, 2018.

1. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Beau is a very interesting Sheltie. He tolerates my son playing drums (punk even) with no problem. But let fireworks occur and he is a mess. He loves to climb, jump, and "fly" off things and over things, no fear of a single agility obstacle so far--but let a rabbit come around and he starts to hyperventilate. He loves, loves, loves other dogs, has no fear or reseerve near new dogs. I think he is a terrier or water dog in camoflauge. LOL

Hanne likes this.
  2. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017
    WOW!! How great! My sheltie would never do that!! Lol

3. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Both of my dogs are good swimmers - with so many pools and bodies of water in Florida, I wanted to make sure they knew how to swim and get out of a pool in case they ever fell in (though I can't really ever see that happening - I'm super careful with them). They hated every single moment of their swimming lessons (except the part when they got hot dogs) but now they both know how to stay afloat and can paddle around for a good amount of time.

Hanne likes this.
  4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Funny you should post this! Elise's best friend is a border collie who is a great dock diving dog. Our goal this summer is to get Elise jumping. So far, no luck! haha

5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Photographic evidence of all three dogs’ progress.

Attached Files:

Sharon7 likes this.