Does anybody recommend this book for grooming?

xerospin

Forums Enthusiast
Illustrated Guide to Sheltie Grooming [Spiral-Bound]
Barb Ross (Author, Illustrator)

Or can someone suggest a good grooming book to me? Thanks!
 
Most definitely! I just wish it had more photos instead of illustrations. Sometimes I use Sheltie Talk as back up.

I also recommend:

Silver Trails online video:

http://www.silvertrailsshelties.com/FAQ.html

I'm trying to get my hands on the CSSA video as well.

http://www.ccssa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=25&Itemid=21&lang=en

And then some personal favourites:

Ears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEKuAlcPbzY

Dremelling nails:

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~jmerenski1/doberdawn/index.html

Good luck! It does take time and experiments before you get it right. But as someone posted on one my threads last night, better your experiment than an over aggressive groomer!
 
I can Manage the nails and feet, but the ears!!! I didn't know they had to be groomed too! Alfie has a lot of fur sticking out from the base of his ears, do I trim it out? So the whole ear should be evenly short?Ears seem like a dangerous path...
 
I can Manage the nails and feet, but the ears!!! I didn't know they had to be groomed too! Alfie has a lot of fur sticking out from the base of his ears, do I trim it out? So the whole ear should be evenly short?Ears seem like a dangerous path...

Grooming the ears is for aesthetic purposes. Certainly do it if you like the look but it's not something you have to do :smile2:
 
Yes, i enjoy grooming alfie alot and make him look his best :) I just went through all the ear trimming topics on the forum. Boy that took while... I have a rough idea of how to go about trimming them, but I'm not confident enough to do it yet. I need to get a copy of this book!!
 
I can Manage the nails and feet, but the ears!!! I didn't know they had to be groomed too! Alfie has a lot of fur sticking out from the base of his ears, do I trim it out? So the whole ear should be evenly short?Ears seem like a dangerous path...

In my previous post I showed a pretty easy video on grooming Sheltie ears.....its pretty easy. This may not be show groomer quality, but good enough. I use this techniques alot.
 
Back
Top