Does Anyone Else.....

Ann

Moderator
....explain to your dog like they're human why you do or say something? I spent all day today saying "No you can't go out, it's raining!" Or, "I'll be back, I'm going to the store for your treats."

Any form of the word "go" in our house is a major trigger for pandemonium. You can't use it for anything or it's assumed Something Is Happening. Even "I'm going upstairs for...." starts a riot. So we explain everything. And I swear they understand a lot of it! Is it just me? Tell me I'm not crazy! 🤪
 
....explain to your dog like they're human why you do or say something? I spent all day today saying "No you can't go out, it's raining!" Or, "I'll be back, I'm going to the store for your treats."

Any form of the word "go" in our house is a major trigger for pandemonium. You can't use it for anything or it's assumed Something Is Happening. Even "I'm going upstairs for...." starts a riot. So we explain everything. And I swear they understand a lot of it! Is it just me? Tell me I'm not crazy! 🤪
Yep, all the time. They understand everything, lol
 
Nope, you’re not crazy Ann!
Go is a trigger word here too…I’m going to check the mail will ALWAYS get Finnie barking!
Another word here is ‘well’…. I say WELLLL? I don’t know what Blueberry expects but it gets her running to me every time!
And when I’m talking to Piper and say “do you want to go…” it always gets a cocked head. He’s excited about the go but now wants to know where🤣
And yes, I too talk to them telling them what I’m doing or where I’m going, as if they care!
As soon as Finnie sees me getting ready to go out he runs to the kitchen all excited because he knows he’s getting a cookie!🤣
 
Back
Top