Dog and Motorhome

When I was a kid we toured Europe in a VW camper, with 2 adults, 4 kids and a Sheltie. Imagine all of us squished into that thing for 5 weeks!

Callie did great until we lost her in the mountains (yes, she was found again two weeks later).

Sca will do fine in a motorhome!
 
Sounds like you'll have fun traveling with Sca.
Alan wants to do the whole RV'ing thing when we retire...but how will I garden!
 
We do a 30' TT with a boat. So we have two tow vehicles. Thought about a motor home, but again, then you need to haul a toad so you have transportation when you get to your destination. It was easier to not have to worry about the engine not being used, that's why we went with the travel trailer.

But about your question about Sca. Make sure and have backup of his food. It can be hard (if not impossible) to find their food when you are traveling. We also have this bowl that is spillproof. It has a lid with a hole in the middle. Keeps the water from splashing, especially if someone kicks the bowl by mistake. We also keep a long tie out, a few toys, and one of the old brushes, permanently in the TT. The more things that you use that you can leave in the "tin can" the less you have to remember.

I have never been asked about shots, just the type of dog. But all are adamant about keeping your dog on leash.
 
He was all over (the bed is lower so he was on that soon) but being pretty good until he discovered the couch had pillows :yes: I can see the first time he gets to go I will have to walk him a bunch as that is a snug area to have a Sheltie getting the zoomies :eek2:
 
When I was a kid we toured Europe in a VW camper, with 2 adults, 4 kids and a Sheltie. Imagine all of us squished into that thing for 5 weeks!

Callie did great until we lost her in the mountains (yes, she was found again two weeks later).

Sca will do fine in a motorhome!



for some odd reason this made me think of the Chevy Chase Vacation movies hahah ... good thing you found Callie again ... I want a motorhome now and travel across the US
 
Back
Top