dog bowls/feeders

I'm sure if it was otherwise, she can speak for herself. Either way, that isn't how it was read over here when someone repeatedly skims, posts and leaves in an offensive manner. Thank you for your input about the bowls anyways, what this tread is really about and ought to stick to.
 
Years ago, I found a place online that made white plastic bowl holders at various heights and sizes, it was great! How I wish I'd kept it. I have two of them...one, about four inches high that my water bowl sits in and one I use for my older dog. A stainless steel bowl sits inside the holder and raises it just enough that they dogs aren't dragging their ruff through the food and the water.

I also think it's better for them, especially as they get older, to eat with the bowl raised a bit.

My biggest problem was finding single dog bowl holders. Besides being large, they always seem either to be made for TWO bowls or, as you said, ginormous dogs. With multiple dogs, I don't want double holders, I want single ones!

I did find these online, but they're pricey:
http://www.ohmydogsupplies.com/dog-...dog-feeders/?gclid=CN3X0PWG-agCFUaK4Aodihh0Sg

A few more still, still expensive but a few that are reasonable:
http://www.callingalldogs.com/elevated-dog-diners-feeders.aspx?page=4

This is the closest I've seen to what I have, on ebay, and it comes in sizes! (Still pricey though...)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270603859656&hlp=false
 
Last edited:
Years ago, I found a place online that made white plastic bowl holders at various heights and sizes, it was great! How I wish I'd kept it. I have two of them...one, about four inches high that my water bowl sits in and one I use for my older dog. A stainless steel bowl sits inside the holder and raises it just enough that they dogs aren't dragging their ruff through the food and the water.

I also think it's better for them, especially as they get older, to eat with the bowl raised a bit.

My biggest problem was finding single dog bowl holders. Besides being large, they always seem either to be made for TWO bowls or, as you said, ginormous dogs. With multiple dogs, I don't want double holders, I want single ones!

I did find these online, but they're pricey:
http://www.ohmydogsupplies.com/dog-...dog-feeders/?gclid=CN3X0PWG-agCFUaK4Aodihh0Sg

A few more still, still expensive but a few that are reasonable:
http://www.callingalldogs.com/elevated-dog-diners-feeders.aspx?page=4

This is the closest I've seen to what I have, on ebay, and it comes in sizes! (Still pricey though...)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270603859656&hlp=false

Thanks so much for those links, I'm definitely going through them as we speak, they have so many kinds! Some look very good, some I've unfortunately SEEN in pet stores and are the ones I was talking about with huge bowls that my dog can't even reach down to because its so wide, hits her chest!! But definitely a good selection to look through! AND very much agreed, Despite not seeing any any DOUBLE tall feeders fit for small dogs, I've definitely never seen single ones (I'd understand how you would indeed only use single ones for multiple dogs). I'll definitely continue my research, if I come across anything I'll post it up :) But for now, thanks for sharing all of that! I too think its better for them to be a bit raised, Precious is already having a lot of difficult bending her front legs even just to get down into the bowl. I choose to raise it up and hold the bowl with my hands in stead most of the time or try to use a box underneath for now but it gets pushed off too easily (don't want to tape because i need to pick them up and clean afterwards so everything is a bit wishywashy right now and is best if I just hold it with my hands..) until I can find something to buy/make :P Someone would probably do really well with business if they could custom make these bowls hahaha
 
One more note on this (I feel like the raised-bowl maven here, LOL) -- You mentioned using a box and the dish slides off. I use a square box for Pixie that I have weighted with stuff inside it. That would be because Princess Pixie is afraid of the raised bowl dish holder and can't possibly eat from it. :rolleyes2: She eats from a stainless steel dish and it did used to slide off the box.

I tried using those silicone pot holders that are sold for taking things out of the oven (see link below)...now, I put one on the box and the dish stays put! They're so good that I bought extra ones and I put them on the floor for the dogs who eat from the floor and their bowls never slide any more. Voila! And cheap too...I love cheap! :yes:

http://www.amazon.com/MIU-Silicone-...4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1306001119&sr=1-4
 
I tried using those silicone pot holders that are sold for taking things out of the oven (see link below)...now, I put one on the box and the dish stays put! They're so good that I bought extra ones and I put them on the floor for the dogs who eat from the floor and their bowls never slide any more. Voila! And cheap too...I love cheap! :yes:

http://www.amazon.com/MIU-Silicone-...4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1306001119&sr=1-4

Wow, Ann, you are absolutely the best! This is PERFECT! I appreciate your posts hahaha Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with this problem, I will definitely try to get my hands on those silicone pot holders (never knew they existed.. I use wooden ones) But it makes perfect sense as to how it would work to keep the bowls in place! Life saver, really, thanks again Ann! Hope you get to see my thank you post :)
 
You're welcome, glad I could help! Sometimes things that work really well are born out of happy accidents. I never could use those things for taking stuff out of the oven...too thick and bulky. I was thrilled to find a use for them! :biggrin2:
 
Funnily enough I asked this exact question a couple of years ago. Deska has a very long nose and has difficulty eating out of low bowls (he has to hang his nose over the edge) so I have raised both his and Tully's bowls.

Initially I got an off-cut piece of wood from the hardware store and just sat their bowls on that. Later when I started using ceramic human bowls for them I wrapped the piece of wood in some non-slip stuff. Tully still uses her piece of wood table.

When Deska was diagnosed with elbow joint disease I wanted to raise his bowl even further so got him this feeder (Michele's Earnhardt has the same one). It also doubles as their travel feeder because I can fit their food inside) and the height is adjustable, depending on how you place the bottom part.
 

Attachments

  • Tullys bowl.jpg
    Tullys bowl.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Deskas bowl.jpg
    Deskas bowl.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 11
Thank you for the photos Caro, I think I have in fact seen these before at Petsmart and will definitely go back this week to look at them more closely, I did not know it was adjustable and only knew that the one i glanced by (was only there for a quick stop to pick up dog training treats) but hopefully they have different sizes! The feature to hold food inside for travels is also pretty sweet hahaha Thanks for the recommendation, appreciate it :)
 
Ah, had some time to look through a pet magazine (Modern Dog) that came in my mail over the week and found this site for elevated feeders! Thought I'd share as a lot of the designs seemed a lot smaller than most other brands I've seen and they hold lots of variety too! I tend to like the more slim, modern look so I've fallen in love with these feeders that are exactly how I wanted my feeders to look! Like my stainless steel ones just ELEVATED hahaha

http://www.petsstop.com/

AND!! Ann -> I hope you get to see this but I realized THEY have single elevated feeders -> http://www.petsstop.com/category.php?id=31

I'll definitely look around more in the morning, I'm getting quite tired/its quite late hahaha but I was so excited when I found these, just had to share!
 
Ah, had some time to look through a pet magazine (Modern Dog) that came in my mail over the week and found this site for elevated feeders! Thought I'd share as a lot of the designs seemed a lot smaller than most other brands I've seen and they hold lots of variety too! I tend to like the more slim, modern look so I've fallen in love with these feeders that are exactly how I wanted my feeders to look! Like my stainless steel ones just ELEVATED hahaha

http://www.petsstop.com/

AND!! Ann -> I hope you get to see this but I realized THEY have single elevated feeders -> http://www.petsstop.com/category.php?id=31

I'll definitely look around more in the morning, I'm getting quite tired/its quite late hahaha but I was so excited when I found these, just had to share!

nice website- it looks like exactly what you've been wanting :yes:
 
Back
Top