Dry food

Food

I at one time fed Pro Plan Select and my dog did great on it. Now I feed Solid Gold andd Flint Friver. Has anyone tried ABADY. It is suppose to be excellence?
 
pretty soon my pups will be eating better than us !!! hehe thats funny to think about.

LOL! That is exactly what people say about my two - that they eat better than most people! Organic and free range when ever possible, a menu of chicken, duck, bison, elk, venison, lamb etc... For Christmas dinner, they are going to get bison short ribs! (and no they are not spoiled one bit :yes:) What can I say, they are my babies!
 
My guys definitely eat better than I do. Personally, I see no problem with that :biggrin2:

Really, I make the choices as to what I eat. So if I choose to eat poorly, I have no one to blame by myself. The dogs, on the other hand, they don't really have a choice in the matter. They have to eat whatever I put in front of them. So because of that, I make the best choice I can for them. They do get spoiled now and then, of course. For Christmas, they get the raw goodies from inside the turkey (neck, heart, liver, etc.) and some "people food" ... potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, carrots. yum yum! For normal every day meals, it's prey model raw for my guys.
 
I know many will frown on this but I feed Bacca Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice (recommended by my breeder). He thrives on it. His coat is getting thicker by the day and is lovely to touch. And he doesn't shed at all - a slight blow in September, but that's it. His stools have always been firm - not once has he had the runs.

It should be fairly accessible to you.

My childhood Cocker Spaniel live to 16 on Purina!!! Never ate anything else!
 
My childhood Cocker Spaniel live to 16 on Purina!!! Never ate anything else!

I'm glad to see that Chris, it makes me feel better. I just switched the girls over ot Purina One Chicken and Rice. It was recommended by someone on another forum. I thought it might be a little bit better than Iams. I think Iams is ok but I've heard that the Purina is better. My Golden Retriever lived until 14 eating Iams and that is old for a Golden as big as he was! I wish I could get even better food for them but with Zoe being on special K/D diet it limits how much I can spend on the other two.
 
I feed mine Halo...it is totted as a holistic food, all natural and after feeding it to my dogs our Shanny who had chronic and severe pancreatitus now has normal bloodwork after eating this for just one month. I also noted less pooh and very healthy coats. You can order it directly from Halp and they will deliver it to your home.

* Highest quality protein: Whole meat, vegetables and whole grains
* No by-products, no rendered meats, and no meals that can irritate digestive tracts
* Helps keep teeth clean and strong, helps maintain body tone and lean muscle mass
* Specially formulated for high digestibility and nutritional absorption
* Naturally rich source of key amino acids to help preserve heart and eye health
* High protein, low carb formula meets the needs of senior dogs

here is the ingrediant list: Ingredients: Salmon, Whole Dried Eggs, Pea Protein, Oats, Vegetable Broth, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Pea Flour, Chicken Liver, Chicken, Flaxseed, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Fiber, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, Green Beans, Carrots, Cranberries, Zucchini, Alfalfa, Inulin, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Salt, Folic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcous Faecium, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite.
Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein - 28.0% Min
Crude Fat - 16.0% Min
Crude Fiber - 6.5% Max
Moisture - 10.0% Max
Omega 6 Fatty Acids - 3.0% Min*
Omega 3 Fatty Acids - .48% Min*
Taurine - 0.1% Min*
Lactobacillus Acidophilus - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
Bifidobacterium Longum - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
Lactobacillus Plantarum - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
Enterococcous Faecium - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles


 
pretty soon my pups will be eating better than us !!! hehe thats funny to think about.

This is so true. After having issues with Sophie and digestive issues, I decided to, after much research, switch her over to home-cooked. Her meals look better than mine. For example, her latest meal consists of ground beef, apple slices, green beans, liver and of course, supplements. I think that at the end of the day, you just need to consider what is best for your pup and do what works for you, your pup and most importantly your budget.
 
Back
Top