ears!

Some dogs ears will not stay down no matter what you do..it depends on the thickness of the ears. I Usually glue/tape my show dogs down for a year. and than even a bit longer or inbetween depends on how they look. I still occusionally glue down my 4 year old bitchs ears espically if she is being bred or in season, those ears do funny things with the hormones!:rolleyes2:
 
Some dogs ears will not stay down no matter what you do..it depends on the thickness of the ears. I Usually glue/tape my show dogs down for a year. and than even a bit longer or inbetween depends on how they look. I still occusionally glue down my 4 year old bitchs ears espically if she is being bred or in season, those ears do funny things with the hormones!:rolleyes2:

And some will tip too far - also due to thickness of ears. Bacca's ears are very thin, so he's got hound ears!
 
Does the Japanese Tape work on the EARS???

I bought some Japanese Tape to use on Keely's ears. Has anyone tried that? I was also going to maybe brace them if they end up needing it. (I just don't want to stress her out!) Any suggestions with the tape?
 
Lightplum...although it's too late for Bacca and Indy, I'm betting there are lots of folk that would love to have instruction on the Japanese tape method. Go ahead and post here! :smile2:
 
Lightplum...although it's too late for Bacca and Indy, I'm betting there are lots of folk that would love to have instruction on the Japanese tape method. Go ahead and post here! :smile2:

I would love to post it here however the instructions I have are in JPEG format (picture) So it wont let me post it. but if anyone would like it PM me with your email and I'll send it to you. (that isnt agaist any rules is it?)
 
If you're on photobucket or similar you could post it as link to there, I expect?

Just a thought!
 
OK im giving it a try. This is the link for the Jap ear tape method.

If you print it out to a full standard 8x10 page it will give you the sizes to cut it out. You cut a total of 4 pieces for the ears, 2 larger (Step #1 in directions) and than 2 smaller (step #2 in directions). I cut all pieces out and make the hole in the smaller ones and put the yarn though with a large yarn needle. I use 2 different color pieces of yarn for each ear when starting out so when one comes loose I can see what ear it goes to! I usually stick all the pieces to the grooming table side or edge of countertop and do both ears at once back to back so the yarn hanging doesnt drive them crazy till I get them pulled in a tied!

This template was graciously done for me by Connie from Rabbit Run Shelties a few years back and was a life saver!!!
 
Last edited:
I haven't found speed sew in stores but you can get it from Mel Cohen (wicketsbymel.com) along w/anything else ear related. I've gotten moleskin, speed sew, japanese tape, Dr Brannens adhesive spray, zoeze and the adhesive remover wipes (can't remember brand name) from him w/good results.

Tami
 
Back
Top