Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

End of a Sca-ga

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by SheepOfBlue, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    How are you going now Rob?

Are you still going to keep up with flyball or is it too painful?

2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Kind of painful. We will be back and Sca has one more award coming. I am sure if I went to a tournament I would be a wreck the entire time. I have a ball bin I got for the team that I have to pass off but even going by the practice building is going to be tough. I do plan on getting all the stuff out in the yard with Spitfire to keep him doing something. When the new guy comes we will see if he does flyball or is just a buddy for me and Spitfire.

Spitfire is feeling a bit more feisty and will stand in front of me and bark like 'entertain me!'. Of course without Sca to race he runs a lot less during the day.

JacqueZ likes this.
  3. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    I was so shocked and saddened to hear this tragic news. Your wonderful tales of Sca were what made me join Sheltie Nation, I loved reading all about his adventures. Can only add my words of condolence to those already on here and hope they are some comfort to you and Spitfire.

The video of Sca vs Mirror Sca is to this day one of the funniest sheltie videos I've ever seen. He was such a character - thank you for sharing him with us.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    SheepOfBlue likes this.
  4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    When Tully had to retire from flyball it was a difficult adjustment, for me and the dogs, must be an extra wrench for you. Mind you, nowadays I don't know how I ever managed to drag myself up before dawn to head to a Sydney comp. You never know, Spitfire may step up to the box and get his act together. Remember the early days with getting Sca to stay in his lane and focus?

Is there a puppy on the horizon? Another Sheltie?

5. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    A buddy is planned for Spitfire, he REALLY misses Sca. I used to apologize to the neighbors about the barking and the response was always "Oh no we love watching them play and chase each other". Who knows on flyball. I could see Spitfire getting to do it in the yard but he is just to concerned with anything out of order to ever go to a tournament I think. With the new guy only time will tell. Of course the intent is a pet and a buddy for Spitfire primarily. With flyball being extra.

ghggp likes this.
  6. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I am absolutely gob smacked... I cannot imagine the sorrow you feel. My heart felt condolences for you and Spitfire. There is no sorrow like the sudden loss of your closest buddy. :(

If you need an oversize tri fix, we will be there. I also know of a litter of sables... 3 weeks old tomorrow...

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm glad you're thinking about a pal for Spitfire, Rob. You will never stop missing Sca but I know from experience that it will help you both heal. Keep us posted. Sending you hugs.

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  8. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    I am just now seeing this. I am heartbroken for you. It's so terribly hard to lose a furbaby.

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  9. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I am heartbroken to hear this news. Sca is a legend here on Sheltieforums. Our hearts are breaking with you and Spitfire.

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  10. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    One last Sca picture this is him on entering the Sheltie gathering. He had to say hi to Callie who passed later that year. Classic Sca.

Attached Files:

Calliesmom, RikyR and Ann like this.