Fatty Tumor

My vet told me some dogs have tons of them, and some people just don't notice them. We groom our dogs more so we find them :)
He is very unconcerned by the fatty tumors.. But then he is an oncologist. Gavin gets histiocytomas every few years as well, castor oil has cleared them up for me.
He has one right now, hoping it will go away in a week or so with the treatment.
 
I am so sorry about Vinca. If Lil' Lady's grows and she can not move around, then the vet will remove the the tumor. She will be 12 at the
end of December. It just seems like when one is removed more show up. Her tumor is right behind her front leg.
 
Lil' Lady has a fatty tumor right behind her front leg. The vet doesn't want to remove it, and I so agree.
Ok not a vet but I have been around enough dogs, when they have one of these and more come after one
is removed.

Not huge and she gets around fine. Anyone else have this problem with your sheltie? What is your
thinking on this?

My Layla is 12 and we noticed her first fatty lipoma on her back hind leg when she was probably 8ish. Since then there have been about 6 more pop up in random places. My vet says he’s never worried about lumps and bumps until it starts oozing, changing shape/color, or is restricting something. I wouldn’t worry too much about it if your vet isn’t worried. I’d say they are pretty common. My Aussie also has developed one and a different vet aspirated it and said it was nothing to worry about.
 
My vet stated he would not remove Lil' Lady's until she could not move. She will be 12 December 28th.
She is getting around fine, and our vet isn't upset. For all the breeds I have been around many of the dogs
get these tumors. I am just aggravated she has one, and for those who get a number of them.
 
Back
Top