Favorite Agility Moment

Favorite moment for Nike...there's two. One would be how Nike did the a-frame during our first ever class. This was after being INCREDIBLY shy and nervous with the DW and teeter, and I was losing hope, thinking agility was going to be too much for him. He did the a-frame first try, and I promptly sat down on the mats and burst in to tears and hugged him. I just wanted SO badly to make him happy and help his confidence, and when he did the a-frame it just felt like we could really do this. Second moment had to be his first run thru, I was SO PROUD of him. :smile2:
 
Favorite moment for Nike...there's two. One would be how Nike did the a-frame during our first ever class. This was after being INCREDIBLY shy and nervous with the DW and teeter, and I was losing hope, thinking agility was going to be too much for him. He did the a-frame first try, and I promptly sat down on the mats and burst in to tears and hugged him. I just wanted SO badly to make him happy and help his confidence, and when he did the a-frame it just felt like we could really do this. Second moment had to be his first run thru, I was SO PROUD of him. :smile2:

What a great story....thanks for sharing.

Isn't Agility amazing for building confidence in those shy and nervous dogs?
 
I showed my dad's AX/AXJ dog in Novice Preferred before I got my own dog. The judge had a five jump, basically straight diagonal line from one corner of the ring to the other. I led out beyond the fifth jump, and called him over. No guts, no glory! Of course the dog also had his CDX and one Utility leg, so it wasn't too much guts, the dog knew his stay.
 
Q's are few and far between sometimes so whatever latest Q is my favorite moment :biggrin2:

Hmm, I think honestly Trax's first run ever. I expected it to take us a long time to get things down because of how crazy he is and the very first run he Q'd and took first and I was blown away. Definitely a favorite :wink2: Of course it took another YEAR before we Q'd again in standard so I had to hold onto that memory for a while :lol:
 
Ortegah, Trax is so fast... and drivey... :biggrin2: He is so great, but I know he would kill me :biggrin2:
I am pleased with having Toffee because I am a super, dooper green handler... I think he is the perfect dog to have for a beginner like myself to sink my teeth into agility. Toffee is very forgiving and he already saved my butt a few times in training :D
 
Ortegah, Trax is so fast... and drivey... :biggrin2: He is so great, but I know he would kill me :biggrin2:
I am pleased with having Toffee because I am a super, dooper green handler... I think he is the perfect dog to have for a beginner like myself to sink my teeth into agility. Toffee is very forgiving and he already saved my butt a few times in training :D

Oh my first dog was perfect for me too. I know there's no way I would've handled a dog like Trax when I started. Smokey was calm and very consistent. I knew that I could depend on him to be where I was and do what I wanted him to do, but we had a heck of a time staying under course time :wink2:
 
my best moments are always in training, when we can manage to make perfect clean runs!
because we don't compete yet in the highest level with the most difficult courses, we hadn't such moments in competitions (yet). But hopefully it will happen soon :lol:
 
So many dogs, so many choices...
Athena- The run last fall when she qualified for AKC agility nationals was pretty special. It was a goal I had set for us from pretty much the time I started running. I knew I wanted to qualify for nationals.
Kai- There was a run when she was in open when we were running at Queen City that was really amazing. It was a really fast course with a lot of traps. I wanted to get all front crosses in to keep her off of the traps, so I ended up sending her out on 20 foot sends to go get my crosses. It was a beautiful run with awesome sends, and she was so fast. Everyone there seemed to be blown away. I got so many compliments on that run.
Aurora- Aurora's moment was that first jumpers run this past weekend at the NADAC trial. She proved all of the people who told me to get rid of her wrong. Despite the issues, she went out there and ran her little heart out for me, getting even better on the second days jumpers course. All I could do was pick her up andhug her after that run. I was so proud of her. It goes to show just how much agility can help a dog like her.
Ember- Ember's was probably also this weekend in jumpers. She proved she is much more ready than I thought... that she is finally starting to mature, and I'm starting to get some consistency from her. I had a blast running such a fast dog on course. In reality, she hasn't ever run a course longer than maybe 6 or 7 obstacles, yet she did full 18 obstacle courses this weekend. My trainer has been drilling the basics and a good foundation into us for so long. She told me it never would be course work I'd have to worry about with her... It would be continuing to go back and revisit the basics. It seems all that work on the basics paid off, as the dog had no trouble doing those full length courses.
 
Oh my first dog was perfect for me too. I know there's no way I would've handled a dog like Trax when I started. Smokey was calm and very consistent. I knew that I could depend on him to be where I was and do what I wanted him to do, but we had a heck of a time staying under course time :wink2:

This is so true. This is why Vinca was great for my daughter to start out with. Now that she has more experience, she is training Chloe. What a difference! Completely different training styles because Chloe is fast. We never had to bother with contacts with Vinca because there was no need to slow her down.

Trax is awesome to watch and you do a great job with him.
 
Back
Top