Favorite fruit?

Lexi looooooooves WATERMELON, something about the texture drives her absolutely nuts! Whenever I cut a slice she definitely expects a few bites. She also likes strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon! She for some reason is not wild about the texture of apples.. she will put bites in her mouth and then randomly spit them on on the floor. Once, I tried to let her lick a lemon (I have to admit, I deep down really wanted to see her reaction), but she took one sniff and ran the other way!
 
Mine are not that keen on fruit (except occassionally berries if they come from my bowl) but they love their vegies - cooked or frozen but not raw for some reason.
 
I'm a little surprised by all the fruit eating Shelties. I give Ariel 1-2 very small pieces of my apple but don't want to overdo the fruit thing because they have so much sugar. I think I will give her a blueberry today and she how she likes it.

Be careful with the watermelon. It is a natural diuretic and it WORKS!!! :winkgrin:

Oh, my first Sheltie loved lettuce too! She was the only dog I'd ever heard of that ate lettuce until I read this thread. She also loves sprouts.
 
Shelly loves Blackberries. They grow wild in our yard. The other day my son was training Shelly and giving her blackberries as her reward.:lol:
 
So much information on this site. We have only given ours cooked carrots, they play with raw ones and have to clean up the bits as noted by another poster. Well we have given them frozen beans as mentioned on this form and they don't like them at all and now I have to eat them and I am not too crazy about them cooked or otherwise.

Will have to try some of the many suggestions mentioned in this thread.
 
No apples or grapes, but blueberries they adore them. Many veggies, except Lucky hates lettuce of any kind. I love all melons and so do they and pears.
 
Well, it may not be a fruit exactly.....

But at one point, Bacca just loved the "dingleberries" that Indy would leave behind! :razz::rolleyes2:
 
Buggs and the fruit stand

:razz:Buggs loves all the fruits I will give him, especially MANGOES:yes::::wink:razz::wink2:This fella will try to rip the seed from my hand, he he. And, he and Meddi love to pick blackberries. We grow the thornless. But before we grew them, Sage loved to pick the regular blackberries.
 
Back
Top