Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

FDA warning on grain-free food

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by Caro, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    the nutritionist link worked fine but the other link is still coming up with Viglink...............
    that was an interesting write up- I can see why people would be concerned. while she keeps mentioning science versus marketing stuff she provides no references and most of the links that I clicked in her article take you to other articles that she wrote. Makes you think that some big dog food company writes her a check........................................

Piper's mom likes this.
  2. Noregrets

Noregrets Forums Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Louisiana
    Ok, I am way late to the game. I Just found out about this warning last night . I haven’t logged in a long time, but knew to come back here to hear what was going on . I’m very concerned, but don’t really want to switch foods unless I have too. They have done so well on grain free. I’ve been feeding Breeze and Potter Acana forever. I did recently add Go Now for Potter. I was noticing some changes in him (mostly weight gain and a little less energy) and it coincided with acana changing their facility to the US. He improved on the go now so I now I feed that to him.

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    nice to see you back here (will likely see you maybe in Sep). if your dogs are doing fine on what you currently feed them, don't obsess about it.....

4. Noregrets

Noregrets Forums Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Louisiana
    Trying not to stress. It’s just frustrating, but I guess the same thing happens with our human food also. Good for you one day, bad the next.

I really like our new soccer arena trial in Harahan! Mark upshaw is judging also. Love his courses! See you soon! I’ve only done 1 trial this summer since Mavericks. Ready to get back into to agility.

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I've also only done one trial since then. we're only entered on Sat but it will be a start....
    I got over the stress of feeding the right food by switching brands and proteins on a regular basis.......

6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    With humans though there is (usually) enough diversity in our diet to compensate for any deficiencies. I think Calliesmom's idea is a good one - switching things around regularly may help compensate for inadequacies in the food.