Feeding Minnie when I have to work

The only problem with a treat dispenser is that puppies usually have to poop after eating. Is there any way you could just leave a small bowl of kibble for your niece to give Minnie as soon as she arrives, and then take her out? That way she’d get something for lunch.

By the time she’s 5 months, you can safely go to twice a day unless she’s really tiny.


Yes, young puppies will have to go right after eating. I'd have to stand and watch Devon so that I knew the instant he was done eating and then get him outside immediately, as the 60 second stopwatch in his bowels started ticking the moment he lifted his head from the bowl. When the countdown got to zero he would stop and go no matter where he was or what he was doing.
 
What about feeding her in the am, after you get home from work and then a small meal an hour or so before bedtime? Puppies usually have to poop 30 minutes or so after eating so she should be good for the night.

I like this idea! We did not do 3 meals a day for very long with Brodie but yes, did do them when he was first here. He ate SOOOO slow. We fairly rapidly moved it up to 2 meals but feed in kennels because Kooper inhales food.

When we first got him, Brodie's home was the powder room for the first few weeks with the gate across the opening. He immediately hated the plastic kennel that we brought him home in so we switched to a small metal one covered in a blankie. He is now, after turning 5 months old, in a 30 inch but he's done 3 crates now. I had one toy that I kept special to him, a fluffy pig that I brought to get scents on when we picked him up. Kooper knew immediately that it was something special so I had be observant or he would sneak off with it and try to shred it. I kept Brodie in the powder room at night with the fan on and soft music playing. He slept very well when he was tiny, much better than the first two when htey were babies.

What an exciting time!!!!
 
Back
Top