Feeding Pills....

Wet cat food sometimes works. It's moldable and smelly :ick and different. Be sure to get the kind marked 'pate'. My last sheltie couldn't resist it.
 
Can you mix it with a bit of peanut butter or cheeze whiz in a kong? That way he would think of it as a treat. I am so lucky with Liam - I open his mouth, drop in the pills, and that's it. I know how you feel though about being bitten.

I was thinking something similar, maybe mix it with something super yummy like dog or cat food? Then cram it in a Kong?

Or start by giving the boys a treat of some wet dog/cat food nightly, then start adding the medication to it? Yogurt would probably work well too.

I'm also SO lucky and thankful, Toby is AWESOME about taking his medication. I'm sure he knows its medicine, but still he sits and waits for it every morning. He's super happy to take it a pill pocket or with some cheese, he's not picky.

I previously had two cats who were nightmares, one we eventually had to put down because he would not take medicine of any kind. :cry:

Hi,

I have a similar problem with Piper. I purchased a pill gun (don't you just love the name) from PetSmart - I stick it in the side of her mouth, angle it toward the back of her throat and shoot - it works :smile2:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/ind..._source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Kimberly

That is WAY TOO COOL! I've never seen or heard of anything like that. My guess is they don't sell them here in Canada.
 
Back
Top