Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Fiber #s

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by corbinam, Nov 20, 2013.

1. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Yes, but you can give them bones or things to chew on to break it up. Trust me, within a month of feeding Miko homecooked food, his teeth were BAD!!! I never realized how much kibble actually did help. He wasn't a bone chewer (not a chewer at all), so nothing I gave him really did much. Brushing it was. Which he hated.

Have you tried any of the other varieties? Or was it just those two you switched to? I'm assuming you weaned him from one to the other? I know with Miko, if I didn't wean very slowly, OMG, it was bad. He had very sensitive tummy since I rarely switched food (allergies). I just figured if it's only Grasslands, there's got to be something in there. HOWEVER!!!! Grasslands was the only one that would upset Koji's tummy too, but this was when they had some issues and pulled it, or stopped production.

I would really try the LID foods if cost is a factor and with two dogs, I can only imagine what something like HK or even Sojos would cost. Heck, any dehydrated food is expensive.

How fast can you tell if they're stomach gets upset? I'm wondering, because for awhile, I was buying either 1lb bags, if they had them, or getting samples. Because buying 4-5lb bags was expensive if I couldn't return it. I'm thinking of ways you can figure out what will work, w/o spending a ton of money like I was, lol.