First BIG trial

I will say a prayer for you concerning your nervousness. I am terrified of public speaking. Once at church I needed to get in front of the whole congregation to do a testomony. I said a prayer first, got up and spoke and the Lord took care of the whole thing, nervousness gone.
 
Good luck! Be strong to yourself and to your pups! The crowd is nothing....you have nothing to prove to them. Meditate if it helps you to focus and zone out. When you got out into the ring, it should be just you and your dog. Nothing else matters! Not even winning or losing.

Sending good luck charms your way!
 
Well that was an experience. Funnily enough, Tully was more nervous than me! I can see why people dont enter - the agility rings are tiny and the crowd is right on top of the rings (with dogs). But still it was a good experience and great atmosphere.

First run (agility) she started limping half way through and lay down. I pulled her out (wasnt worth an injury) but as soon as she got off the course she was fine (put on maybe?). We did the jumping course and she didnt watch me, kept going off to bark at any dog at the side of the ring (including Deska) and then stopped and piddled! Woops, automatic DQ! A friend's daughter, who is a vet, said Tully looked very very nervous. Lots of dogs were nervous though, so I really didnt feel bad.

You know how I said Tully would look cute no matter what - well she ended up on the news! Only a short clip (and luckily no piddle). I didnt get home in time to see it so I am looking for someone who may have taped the news.
 
Caro, sounds like it was a great experience. I think my dogs (and me, too!) would be nervous in a huge trial like that. With ours, there are normally 50-100 dogs, and there's no "seating" or anything like that. Would be hard to have that many people right around you while you're trying to work.

That is SO cool that Tully made the news! I hope you're able to get a copy of the clip--and share it with us!
 
Of course, Tully made the news. She's a star. I really admire you for taking on such a large trial. I bet you learned a lot.
 
It sounds like it was a good experience for u, even though Tully was a bit nervous. Were u able to watch the news segment with Tully?
 
That was a great experience for both of you. The trials I go to are much smaller and I have no idea how Edan would react at a large one.

Did you check the website for the news station? Sometimes clips like that can be found on the site.
 
Sounds like a wonderful experience. Congratulations! (and I hope you are able to find the video clip of Tully on the news)
 
Back
Top