First training session with the display team - nervous!

One of my fondest memories with Justice was the Minnesota State Fair 2 yrs ago. Justice did a utility obedience routine, outdoors on grass, and the crowd was atleast 6 people deep all around the ring. He was in his element and worked fantastic. Every time he would do something right the crowd would clapped and cheer and he just got more excited and animated. That boy is a showman with a capital S. Then he got to met his adoring public and people petted him for 20 minutes atleast, he just ate it up. 4 shows and he never made 1 mistake. Ember worked one show but she got tired and I didn't push her. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Aw, that sounds lovely. Justice sounds a great dog, some of them do just love to perform and show what they can do. Do you have any pics?

This is my team
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beccl...=1&view=all&subj=152634168102116&id=667043627
I have no idea if the link will work as I am not good with facebook!:lol:
 
Sounds Like fun, A few weeks ago as I was getting Cosmo ready for our first trial, I wanted to get him out in a crowd of dogs to see how he would behave
as we had been training solo for about 4 months. AS it happened our trainer had a trial away from home that week and was not going to be back for that nights level 2 agility class, he asked if I would like to come out and assist his helper & I jumped at the chance. IT was absolutely halarious as no body in the class had a clue as to who I was just some new guy . we set up and the first new obstical for the night was the teter, well the asssistants dog does not like the teter & kept jumping off, after about 5 aborts I piped up and said would you like me to give it a go jennifer, she said sure, so I pulled cosmo out of line and ran through it
showing everyone what to do,,, Many looks of confusion, then after that exercise we were going to run the full setup course, I took Cosmo out first, and he did a clean run of all the setup obsticals, well the looks were astonishing... I then stepped out I front of the class and said HI my name is Robin & this is my sheltie Cosmo, 6 months ago both of us were in the same class as this one you are in tonight, so as you can see there is hope :biggrin2:, Rob asked us to come out and help with the class tonight as he wasn't going to be able to make it, so lets down to work, everyone was cracking up. needless to say both Cosmo & I had and awesome night, He does love to show off :yes:
IT was actually a great experience & I would do it again in a heartbeat.
 
Sounds like you and Cosmo had a good time too Rob.

However, no way will I be doing any demos with Cadbury (my lab) unless it was 'how not to do agility!':lol:
 
Aw, that sounds lovely. Justice sounds a great dog, some of them do just love to perform and show what they can do. Do you have any pics?

This is my team
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beccl...=1&view=all&subj=152634168102116&id=667043627
I have no idea if the link will work as I am not good with facebook!:lol:

I wish I had pictures. Never thought of it at the time. I'm much more into picture now.

Justice comes by it naturally his grandmom Chima loved to preform too. During one of her last obedience shows, at age 11 or 12yr, the obedience ring was next to the group breed ring. The crowd started to cheer for the breed dogs during Chimas heel off leash exercise. She totally forgot what she was doing and started gaiting around the ring on her own. Looking from side to side and I swear you could see her saying for me:o and waving to the crowd in delight. I almost died laughing so did my friend handling her did too fortunately. I wish I had that on video.:lol: She loved playing to the crowd.
 
Justice comes by it naturally his grandmom Chima loved to preform too. During one of her last obedience shows, at age 11 or 12yr, the obedience ring was next to the group breed ring. The crowd started to cheer for the breed dogs during Chimas heel off leash exercise. She totally forgot what she was doing and started gaiting around the ring on her own. Looking from side to side and I swear you could see her saying for me and waving to the crowd in delight. I almost died laughing so did my friend handling her did too fortunately. I wish I had that on video. She loved playing to the crowd.
Aw, what a fab story. And how great she was still competing at that age.:smile2:
 
Back
Top