Emmasmom
Forums Sage
I just the prevention from June 1 and apply the last one Nov 1 for Emma and now Liam.
Noah, I would only apply the flea protection every couple of months in the summer - we never had a problem with fleas.
With Hamish, I went through quite a session one year with fleas on him and had a hard time getting rid of them. Once I did, I used prevention again once in a while.
Both Emma and Liam are on the same Revolution. Liam just had his first application this week as the breeder didn't bother with meds as she had chickens and geese in her yard and never had a problem with ticks. Revolution also works for the heartworm prevention. Once they are done in November, this will be it for tick prevention until next year. We have already had one good frost this week (hate that thought) and the weather is expected to continue getting colder.
Noah, I would only apply the flea protection every couple of months in the summer - we never had a problem with fleas.
With Hamish, I went through quite a session one year with fleas on him and had a hard time getting rid of them. Once I did, I used prevention again once in a while.
Both Emma and Liam are on the same Revolution. Liam just had his first application this week as the breeder didn't bother with meds as she had chickens and geese in her yard and never had a problem with ticks. Revolution also works for the heartworm prevention. Once they are done in November, this will be it for tick prevention until next year. We have already had one good frost this week (hate that thought) and the weather is expected to continue getting colder.