Food Guidance For Puppy

kathy32726

Forums Regular
I will be transitioning my puppy to Innova Puppy Dry food over time once I get him home. However, I was planning to also use the Innova Puppy Canned just as a topping to the dry as well. Is using a dry and small amount of canned (with the correct amount for his age and size) overdoing it? Do those of you who have puppies supplement the dry with something else?

Thanks!

Kathy
Sheba and Candi who will both always be in my heart...
((Awaiting the arrival of Cody!!))
 
When Bailey was younger, I used a little bit of canned food to entice her to eat dry food.

Now, I use canned food to put inside kongs and freeze them. If I have a open can, I'll put a teaspoon or two in her dry food meals as well.

The only issue I run into is opened cans are only good for 72 hours, so I end up throwing away half the can.
 
Thanks so much for your response. The idea if using it in a Kong and freezing is great and I had not even thought of that. I do understand about the 72 hour thing and, hopefully, can get the smaller cans. If not, may have to reconsider.

Thanks again!
 
I never had to add anything to Lexi's food (she's 5 mos. now). She scarfs her dry kibble right up :)

I give her a lot of training treats during the day, so I didn't want to add anymore to her meals.

Also, using canned as well as dry can get expensive, especially if like Randi said, you end up not using it all.
 
Zak has not problem scarfing down his dinner. I do add like a teaspoon of yogurt to his and Maggie's meals every few days.
 
Originally, I never added any canned food and my boys were perfectly happy with their dry kibble.

The only reason why I started adding a dollop of wet food was when Bacca stopped eating with his health problems. Now they are both hooked and I know I should wean them off it, but guilt steps in.

I would stick with dry kibble if you can and try and keep it that way.
 
Back
Top