Found a bald spot....

jesshall

Forums Regular
I was brushing Henry tonight and noticed he had a bald spot about the size of a nickel I am wondering if it could be from the K9 Advantix b/c I put it on them last week. Just wondering if it can cause it and if so why the reaction wouldn't have happened when I first put it on him. He is about two and I've been using it since we got him as a pup without any problems.
 
My friend's cat had a bad reaction to Revolution and had the same thing happen. I'll ask her if it happened immediately or when.
 
Revolution will do this and the hair grows back quickly on my kitty Jack. Every month his hair falls out and by the time I am ready to reapply you can't see where the bald spot was. Mind you, he's a short haired cat not a long coated sheltie.
The Advantage products have a warning on them not to apply near furniture or wood floors. It will strip the varnish off. I doubt Revolution is much better but I have to use something and so Revolution it is.
 
I would call your vet's office and ask this question. If it's taking your pup's fur off, perhaps you shouldn't be using it on him. I know it would give me pause.
 
I used a spot on product a few times on our little Sheltie Sassafras and stopped altogether when I noticed a bald area about the size of a dime. In my opinion, the spot on flea and tick products are dangerous. They have many side effects (including illness and death). I stopped using them several years ago.
 
Well I looked at the area and it's not anywhere near where I apply it on the spine it's on his left hip. I am going to call my vet's office tomorrow to see what they say. I'm not sure if it's the Advantix if it's not an area where it was applied. Maybe it got pulled out during play or got caught on something. I will see what the vet says and make sure to keep and eye on it.
 
Well I looked at the area and it's not anywhere near where I apply it on the spine it's on his left hip. I am going to call my vet's office tomorrow to see what they say. I'm not sure if it's the Advantix if it's not an area where it was applied. Maybe it got pulled out during play or got caught on something. I will see what the vet says and make sure to keep and eye on it.

I would bet it isn't related to the topical if it isn't where you applied it.

Bald spots can happen for any number of reasons. Hot spots, irritation, scrape/scab, burn, bite, bug bite, etc...

Let us know what the vet says.
 
Back
Top