Furniture city Winston-Salem, NC

Bradt9881

Forums Enthusiast
I didn't show Saturday, but let Tripp smell and walk around the show, and got Fletcher CERFed and microchipped, which he hated. In hindsight, I probably should not have done that at the dog show, because on Sunday Fletcher was scared enough of the judge to sit down on the table in protest when the judge put his hands on him. He hasn't done that in 5 months so I have a bit of regression to deal with.

Tripp showed beautifully, which is fantastic considering he hasn't been out in 15 months since he finished at 9 months of age. He was rock steady in temperament as you would expect of a champion, and moved like liquid water. The only thing I could fault on the dog was he was carrying his tail too high while moving. Not good, but at least it showed he was happy! He was then selected BOS for his first two GC points. I think this young dog has the potential to finish quickly!

On a side note, Tripp's sire made his ROM this weekend. Glad Tripp could be one of the 10 he sired!
 
Last edited:
Sounds like Tripp had a good weekend...congratulations. His happy confidence should be a plus for Fletcher to read. You have 2 really wonderful guys.

Trini
 
WTG Tripp, good job. With your help and patience, Fletcher will come back around. Maybe he just needs a little time to forget that "bad" thing that happened to him. :fl
 
WTG Tripp, good job. With your help and patience, Fletcher will come back around. Maybe he just needs a little time to forget that "bad" thing that happened to him. :fl
My thoughts are similar. I plan to show him next in Feb 2015 at a local UKC event. I will take him to the show next week that Tripp is entered in, but only as a spectator, and will try to make it fun playing with him and giving him plenty of treats.
 
Back
Top