Gavin's bad leg and nail(s)

Oh he got his cookie :)
Seriously though, he acted like he didn't feel a thing. His other rear foot flinches when I cut his paw fur.
One of our beach puppy friends is a recent tripod. Toby hasn't been to the beach since. I hope we see him next week; his dad takes one dog each day so his great dane puppy doesn't get too rambunctious with Toby. He's 8, so he should adapt pretty well (it's not osteosarcoma, so prognosis is good).
 
I have the same problem with Tully, it must be painful to walk on. Unfortunately hers grew under when she lived with my mum for a year (when I had cancer) and her nails were never trimmed. Now that nail is permanently curled under and her other nails are splayed. I even went and brought a dremel to do it but the shape and position is too hard. I also brought a giant nail file but it isn't great, wondering if a metal human one would be better - I have a metal dog one which is useless. What type did you use?


I used a metal file and a good old fashioned sandpaper revlon one! I focused on the bit where it folded under since it was the weakest link. I filed until I hit the quick. after I filed that a bit, it weakened the nail enough I could pull the part the folded under away with a pair of tweezers.
 
Back
Top