Glue on puppy ears....

Yes, we are awesome! For the most part, you will never get more objective and positive advice and feedback than on this forum. We are a great mix of show and performance breeders, companion pet owners and so we strike a good balance.

And mostly we are kind!

Other than Susan. She's a meany that refused to teach me how to attach pictures.. Everyone else rocks..:yes:
 
Yes, we are awesome! For the most part, you will never get more objective and positive advice and feedback than on this forum. We are a great mix of show and performance breeders, companion pet owners and so we strike a good balance.

And mostly we are kind!


Mostly kind, :lol:. There are even Veterinarians on this forum, so this IS truly an incredible place for Sheltie people like me who are new at being owned by one. :wink2:
 
Is it common to glue or tape your pup's ears for months and then they still end up pricked?

The tape fell off one of Bailey's ears. I left it alone for 2 days to see what would happen and it popped up. She's already 7 months. Am I just wasting my time?
 
Is it common to glue or tape your pup's ears for months and then they still end up pricked?

The tape fell off one of Bailey's ears. I left it alone for 2 days to see what would happen and it popped up. She's already 7 months. Am I just wasting my time?

I think that's pretty usual. We taped Bentley's for a while (at least until he was 7 months) and then we gave up. They are now prick. I think you should keep it up until Bailey's around 1. At least that's what I've always heard. Others may know better :)
 
Is it common to glue or tape your pup's ears for months and then they still end up pricked?

The tape fell off one of Bailey's ears. I left it alone for 2 days to see what would happen and it popped up. She's already 7 months. Am I just wasting my time?

Chloe's came off when she was 8 months and I didn't bother to reglue them. If you look at her ears now, only half of each ear tips down :o I should have continued to glue them. I just got sick of answering everyones questions about them :rolleyes2:
 
Chloe's came off when she was 8 months and I didn't bother to reglue them. If you look at her ears now, only half of each ear tips down :o I should have continued to glue them. I just got sick of answering everyones questions about them :rolleyes2:

I just looked at Chloe's pictures. That's what Bailey's ears do if I take it off. Just the the top tip of ear will tip down. I guess I'll try and continue it. I just didn't want to continue if there's no point. Whenever she sees me cutting a piece of tape, she runs for her life.
 
I gave up on Megans ears the second time around trying to keep them glued. Since she is a "companion puppy" and not a show dog, I left them alone!:wink2:
 
We had really nice tipped ears with Trapp for about 3 weeks,all of a sudden,they just started tipping,and I thought..WOW!! how cool is this!

Then one morning,he wok up,walked out of his crate,and I think the ear gobblins came in the night,cause his ears have been pricked ever since.

I have the stuff to glue,and the solvent to remove,but honestly,gluing is not the problem,but getting that stuff out of the ears I think would be a real hassle,and take the chance of making him so nervous & scared in the long run to have anyone touch his ears,if it was a problem. Then knowing my capabilities,I would probably end up with a mess,and have to cut the stuff away.

It was'nt worth it to me.I love him just the same,tipped or not.
 
Is it common to glue or tape your pup's ears for months and then they still end up pricked?

The tape fell off one of Bailey's ears. I left it alone for 2 days to see what would happen and it popped up. She's already 7 months. Am I just wasting my time?

I would keep at it. I've seen many dogs like that and they turned out fine. Diva's were still popping up at 8 months when we took them out for shows and suddenly at 10 months they stayed put. If by a year they are still popping up its probably not going to work.
 
Back
Top