Got some Acana today

Sumac3890

Forums Sage
I got Zak some Acana Grasslands today. Opened the bag to give him a sample and he must of really liked it because he stood on his hind legs and surfed the counter for more.
 
I'm glad that Zak seemed to like it!

I've gone back to Acana as well. My dogs like it, and I like being able to rotate between the flavors.
 
I've been thinking a lot about Acana lately and possibly rotating that line in with Orijen...how does Acana's variety compare to Orijen's?
 
I'm glad Zak liked it.

There's a store within walking distance from me that carries Acana. They didn't have Ranchlands when I went there yesterday. They said they're getting some in on Tuesday. They're gonna email me when it comes in. The clerk told me that sometimes they don't have Acana because if the company can't find ingredients that meet their standards, they don't produce the food.

I'm sure Bailey will like it. She would eat cardboard if I put it in her food bowl. I'm gonna do a 4 week transition. Fingers crossed it goes well.
 
I have been adding about and 1/8 of a cup to his 1/2 cup feedings and today was the first time he had a problem with his stool. I will give him a slippery elm cap with dinner or maybe a bit before dinner. Zak really likes it.
 
I just got a sample of Acana today. Our new Sheltie (Bear) really likes it. I'm just so nervous since we lost our sweet Shelties this year. I don't want to do anything that could make him sick. It looks like a good food - the store owner said it is their favorite for the way it's manufactured and the way the ingredients are obtained. Any advice is truly welcome!
 
I just got a sample of Acana today. Our new Sheltie (Bear) really likes it. I'm just so nervous since we lost our sweet Shelties this year. I don't want to do anything that could make him sick. It looks like a good food - the store owner said it is their favorite for the way it's manufactured and the way the ingredients are obtained. Any advice is truly welcome!

Bailey is liking Acana too, but that doesn't say much because she would eat cardboard if I put it in her bowl. :lol:

I'm taking the transition very slowly. Bailey has a sensitive stomach, so I don't want to cause an upset. I've been transition for two weeks now and we're still not at the 50/50 mix yet. Maybe by this weekend, I will increase it to a 50/50 mix.
 
I LOVE Acana and Orijen both and would love to feed it to my kids. But, I can't find it anywhere around here! You can have it shipped, but shipping charges are an arm and a leg. So, we're doing Wellness Core. And, it is working well with us.
 
Back
Top