Bathtub ~ The Review
This morning Pixie had her inaugural bath in my new tub. This tub works well for me, although there are pros and cons.
Pro: Dog can't move all over the tub while you're trying to bathe. This makes washing and rinsing easier and more efficient.
Con: If you have a very active dog, it can step outside the tub (although tethers are included if you want to attach to a collar) Mine are good about it and once wet, will stay put.
Pro: Great footing. Tub is lined with a rubber mat that gives the dog excellent traction. Pixie is especially tentative on surfaces she doesn't like and she did fine.
Con: Tub didn't drain as quickly as I'd like. Then I found that by removing the stopper and drain it was much better so I'll do that next time.
Pro: Fits perfectly in a regular size bathtub. Room to put shampoo, washcloth etc. outside on the tub floor.
Pro: I'm still bending over the tub, but not as much and it didn't bother my back nearly as much. I think because you're not leaning quite as far or maybe at the same angle. Definitely better there!
Con: A large Sheltie would definitely be cramped in this tub. I'd estimate just over 20 lbs would be the max.
All in all, I am VERY happy with this purchase, especially for the price with free shipping! I'd love a stand-up, built-in dog tub, but this is a good, inexpensive alternative for people who can't have one.