Greenies....?

I too think that they recently reforumulated them so that they would dissolve. Can't remember the details, though.

Me too, except I think the reformulation happened years ago. Currently, the main ingredient is gelatin. I think the main ingredient used to be cellulose.

Current Greenies aren't even made by the same company as the Problem Greenies. Mars bought Greenies many years ago. They are the ones who changed the ingredients.

On the advice of my vet, I gave my Sheltieboy Greenies every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - for years, without any problems. (And Greenies never colored his poops green.)
 
Last edited:
Aside from the choking hazard, the list of ingredients also isn't impressive. Very processed and synthetic.

I was at my local Pet Value last night (checking out IOD shampoo :smile2:) and talked to the girl about chews. She talked me into trying a new product to try that looks similar to a greenie but has more natural ingredients and comes in several difference sizes and fun shapes/colors. I can't remember the company name. They smell a bit like bacon.

Do you know the product I'm talking about Barb? I'd love to post a link on the forums and would also love to hear customer feedback about this product from you.

I've yet to try them but have high hopes that my guys will like them!

I'm thinking that it might be the Paragon's?????

http://www.paragondogchews.com/
 
Not really "pressure" but they do tend to profile certain products on a monthly basis and encourage us to recommend to our customers. I do have the option of refusing to sell any product that I find objectionable.

I find it sometimes hard to push a product that I don't either have personal experience of or had heard bad press in the past.

I gather that the Greenie bad press is in the past, so that I should be ok continuing to sell the product.

And yes, it is expensive....
 
Back
Top