Happy is under the weather

Well darn..the waiting has got to be difficult.We will keep Happy in our prayers,as well as you.Please keep us posted ok
 
I hope you get some news soon waiting and not knowing is really the toughest.
I drive myself crazy during those times. You,Happy and your family are in our prayers for a good result. Please keep us updated. Gypsy and Chandler send hugs to Happy. By the way that is such a cute name.
 
I hope you get some news soon waiting and not knowing is really the toughest.
I drive myself crazy during those times. You,Happy and your family are in our prayers for a good result. Please keep us updated. Gypsy and Chandler send hugs to Happy. By the way that is such a cute name.

thank you- Happy was named Albert when I adopted him- didn't fit so I changed it between the shelter and the pet store- about 45 minutes. I wanted the ahh sound and I knew that he was Happy to have a forever home and I was happy to not have an empty house anymore so it worked pretty well.
 
so today's update is that I left all the pups with the petsitter- had to leave for work- our regular fall survey in the Gulf. so last night, Happy doesn't eat dinner- gets up around midnight- get him outside in time to throw up. and then he doesn't eat breakfast. thinking he can't smell to good with clogged nose but maybe not. anyway, I show the petsitter how to wash out eye and nose. and shelties steal the treats right out of my pocket while I'm distracted. so I leave and maybe an hour later, the petsitter calls and said he ate some canned food and some tripe- so now I feel better about leaving him. the vet will email me when the test results come in and the petsitter will take him there for treatment once we have a treatment plan.
(I should add that under pros for Mobile as pet-friendly) :winkgrin:
 
sad news

so the petsitter called the ship this morning- Happy wouldn't eat and didn't want to get up- and then he died while we were talking about what to do :cry:
I feel so bad that I wasn't there for him and that I couldn't help him and I'll never see him again..........
 
I am so sorry! :cry: My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Rest In Peace Happy

I lost my first sheltie while I was on vacation. I also never got to say goodbye. I think she chose to move on while I was away. She knew I wouldn't be able to handle it.
 
loosing pet without seeing and saying last good bye would be even more traumatic for me as well... so sorry for your loss...
may he be happy Happy in his new world.
 
Terribly sorry to hear about Happy BUT YOU WERE THERE FOR HIM. Remember who saved him and brought him home and spoiled him rotten, he did :wink2:

Try to keep your chin up as I am sure this will be a long trip and give Cran and Callie big hugs when you get back.
 
Oh my God! I am so so sorry. I can tell you a friend of mines Sheltie was sick for a year at the end she carried him everywhere. She went to see her family for the weekend and the day she left her dog passed. Sometimes I think our dogs wait until we leave to pass. You have been a great Mom who saved him and showed him what true love and security was all about. His name says everything you gave him HAPPINESS and he will be at the bridge waiting with a sheltie smile on his face. You are in our prayers.
 
Back
Top