Heat & Agility

Oh, not me! I paid my due for 15 years of showing horses in all weather. I've done enough of that (including nearly reaching the point of heat stroke myself once). My ankles don't do as well on uneven footing (have weak ankles), my dogs don't do as well in the heat, and I wouldn't run them in rain. I like having predictable footing and climate.
 
That's true about what they are used to. Mine were really lethargic at the start of summer last year (which came on suddenly) but they picked up later once they had gotten used to the heat.

Mind you I would love some of that heat - this winter started early and is just so cold. Roll on spring.
 
Heat

Oh, not me! I paid my due for 15 years of showing horses in all weather. I've done enough of that (including nearly reaching the point of heat stroke myself once). My ankles don't do as well on uneven footing (have weak ankles), my dogs don't do as well in the heat, and I wouldn't run them in rain. I like having predictable footing and climate.

I am with you on this Stacey.I wont run them in the heat or rain.
 
After seeing all the record breaking heat wave you guys are having on the east coast, I'm curious, did they finally cancel classes for you?

I hope so. I mean, it's one thing to run in the heat, if it's semi-normal or a bit hotter than usual. But if it's record breaking heat and going on for days, that's a bit much, they should know no dogs can handle that.....and humans too.
 
After seeing all the record breaking heat wave you guys are having on the east coast, I'm curious, did they finally cancel classes for you?

I hope so. I mean, it's one thing to run in the heat, if it's semi-normal or a bit hotter than usual. But if it's record breaking heat and going on for days, that's a bit much, they should know no dogs can handle that.....and humans too.

I posted earlier (not sure if you saw it) but our class last week was canceled. The heat index was over 100, and the inside practice areas have no AC. It's supposed to be cooler this week, so classes are on.
 
Heat

I think it is plain cruel to run a dog in the heat we had the past few days.I know someone went to a camp and said the heat was bad yet she ran her dogs.:confused2:
 
No, they never did cancel our classes. Plus we've had that bad heat wave off and on for the last two weeks. Class went on regardless of how hot it got.
 
Back
Top