Help..looking for a ramp for SUV back seat

Reporting in: I am certain the item I got is a fantastic product...BUT....I got it in today and it was damaged. :( I managed to get it set up and Emma refused to try it. BUT I can work on that part.

The item is nice but it does stretch out pretty far; the carpet on the steps were frayed on one of them and the frame was bent therefore it did not lock in place very well which made it unsteady. SOOO, I am sending it back.

I will be back to the drawing board for something different and less expensive now. It is probably way too big to set up and down all the time anyways (see how I just talked my self right out of that) :rolleyes2:

So disappointed....it is a great product....but I will be looking for sumin' different. Ideas?? {sigh}
 
So disappointed....it is a great product....but I will be looking for sumin' different. Ideas?? {sigh}


Sorry to hear that this one did not work out for you.

I don't have any ideas. When I had my setter, I just did the heave ho and hoisted him in the car.
 
Well the company that makes this item called me today...seems they are specially made by a guy that invented them. I was very impressed!! He told me all about how they are made and why the design is the way it is and he makes them himself! Great design.

He want to immediately replace it for me yet suggested the 3 step rather than the 4 step I got (which is less expensive, yeah)....and guided me on the best way to use it.

So I will be keeping the product...but will get the 3 step instead. Very nice guy and so pet friendly!! Took great pride in his product and wanting to please the customer.
 
Sorry I missed this thread.

I have a pet loader - I brought about 3 years ago and had it shipped to Australia (I had a ute/truck at the time) and Deska was struggling to get in and out of the car. I brought the 4 step - given the shipping cost was no more, but I removed one step and used it as a three step. It is still relatively heavy - probably about 8kg, certainly heavier than Tully but lighter than Deska. One thing to consider is it does not fit comfortably in a doorway - I had to put it on an angle to get it in.

For Shelties a narrow one does fine, no need to get the wide step unless you also want to use it for a large breed. And the narrower one fits better in doorways. It does take a while for the dogs to get used to it but a lot of food helps.

I dont use it now as I have a smaller car - shame you dont live closer...
 
Back
Top