How high can a Sheltie Climb

Yeah, Definitely Some Mountain Goat Genes

We live near the Niagara escarpment and Niagara Gorge (Niagara Falls) and have gone on some pretty tough hikes. Sadie's climbing ability never ceases to amaze me, me, she is extremely athletic. I often can't believe my eyes when I watch her easily scaling rocks on a 90 degree incline.
 
Thankfully Dylan doesn't jump at all. I already have 3 cats and a Maltese who jumps up on the tables. When they do, Dylan just look at them with envy. But he hasn't tried to jump on anything yet. He may be too big to be catlike. He is 19" tall and close to 30 lbs.
 
Smudge isn't climbing anything. He was made to stay on the ground, and he will let you know about it.

Fluffy is another story. There's nothing this dog won't jump onto. She's so TINY, but she can jump and get on stuff you wouldn't think a dog that small would be able to do. I swear if we had an 8 foot fence I'd still worry that she could jump out. :eek2:

I'm 5'4. When I come home from work Fluffy gets excited and will jump, all four paws off the groud, and her head will reach my chin. I'm not joking.
 
Cranberry was all set to walk up the full height dog walk- I retrieved him before he got past the top of the yellow. I'm sure given surfaces that are reachable, he'll climb anywhere that he can before I see him :winkgrin:
 
Here is Bacca scaling the Canadian Shield....

The incline that he broached is almost 90 degrees. I need help to get up that slope.

Oh! Forgot to mention though that their depth perception leaves a little to be desired. Yes, Bacca climbed some cliffs at the cottage, but getting back down was a challenge. He ended up tumbling the last 6 feet into bush. Picture pup landing, shaking his head a few times, then carrying on..."What just happened there?"
 
Back
Top