I use to do it once a day, now, I have slacked off and do it about every other day, I need to keep doing it daily, if I don't, he decides he does not like it, plus, he looks so pretty when fully brushed.
I brush Samantha everyday about 5 minutes, I brush her teeth when I'm done. Her coat is beautiful I don't have to bathe her very often. It seems a lot easier then trying to brush once a week, I don't have clumps of fur all over the house.
I try to brush Riley once a day. I can't get him to lay on his side for brushing, so he moves around a lot and is difficult. I think I will give him a bath this weekend and hope it gets some of the loose hair out.
I probably run a brush through them once or twice a week (depending on if they get muddy, get peanut butter in their ruffs, lol). I do a thorough brushing once every two weeks (prob 30 min), do a thorough grooming maybe once every three weeks (usually before trials), and then a bath 4 times a year.
Oh and I try to trim their feet once a week (before agility class) and do their ears once every couple weeks.
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.