How Often do you Bathe your dogs??

This is my mantra....if I had to rush this dog to the vet for an emergency, would I be embarassed by his grooming (or lack of)?

I feel similarly, but don't feel like a bath is required. I enter agility trials maybe once every 2-3 weeks and always want my dogs looking their best. They get brushed and trimmed quite frequently (brushed once a week and trimmed once every two).
 
I probably bathe my dog more than I should. She gets a bath at least once a month. This month she got an extra bath because she was going to doggy daycare and she had gotten really muddy over the weekend. I know dogs get dirty, but her legs and most of her underside is white, so you can really tell when she's dingy looking from playing in the mud. And yes, I have a water and mud loving, all terrain sheltie. Most of the time the mud and dirt just falls off as she dries, but sometimes it just doesn't.. and she's not as white and pretty as I like her to be.
 
I bathe Bailey every 2-4 months. I don't have a yard, so it's not like she is rolling in dirt all day long. If just her feet are dirty from the park, I just stick her in the sink and clean her paws.

She gets more baths in warmer months, usually every 4-6 weeks because she is outdoors more and I like to let her air dry, which is easier in the summer. In the winter, she gets less baths. She is outside less and it's just too cold.

She does get trimmed every 3-5 weeks (paws, ears & poop shoot). Nails, are checked once a week and trimmed as needed (usually every 2 weeks). During high shedding season, she is brushed every other day. When she is not heavily shedding, she gets a quick brush once a week.

However, I must admit I haven't been the best furmom lately. She hasn't had a bath in about 3 or 4 months and hasn't been brushed in about 2 weeks. The holidays have been very busy and she is just so darn difficult to brush!! :gaah I have to fight her to brush and groom her. She used to be okay with getting her paws trimmed and nails cut, but lately she doesn't even want that to be done. She will attack the brush and dremel. Nothing comes easy with this dog. I dream about having a dog who will just lay down for gentle brushing.
 
I probably bathe my dog more than I should. She gets a bath at least once a month. This month she got an extra bath because she was going to doggy daycare and she had gotten really muddy over the weekend. I know dogs get dirty, but her legs and most of her underside is white, so you can really tell when she's dingy looking from playing in the mud. And yes, I have a water and mud loving, all terrain sheltie. Most of the time the mud and dirt just falls off as she dries, but sometimes it just doesn't.. and she's not as white and pretty as I like her to be.

Yup my two are all terrain too.
 
I bathe Bailey every 2-4 months. I don't have a yard, so it's not like she is rolling in dirt all day long. If just her feet are dirty from the park, I just stick her in the sink and clean her paws.

She gets more baths in warmer months, usually every 4-6 weeks because she is outdoors more and I like to let her air dry, which is easier in the summer. In the winter, she gets less baths. She is outside less and it's just too cold.

She does get trimmed every 3-5 weeks (paws, ears & poop shoot). Nails, are checked once a week and trimmed as needed (usually every 2 weeks). During high shedding season, she is brushed every other day. When she is not heavily shedding, she gets a quick brush once a week.

However, I must admit I haven't been the best furmom lately. She hasn't had a bath in about 3 or 4 months and hasn't been brushed in about 2 weeks. The holidays have been very busy and she is just so darn difficult to brush!! :gaah I have to fight her to brush and groom her. She used to be okay with getting her paws trimmed and nails cut, but lately she doesn't even want that to be done. She will attack the brush and dremel. Nothing comes easy with this dog. I dream about having a dog who will just lay down for gentle brushing.

Ryder was like that with the brush too until I got a grooming table two years back. Best investment I ever made and much easier on my back. Now he jumps up on the table after Maverick is done waiting his turn.:smile2: They know they are going to get treats when they are both done. Last night was the first time I used a blow dryer on him and I was shocked at how well behaved he was.
 
Depending on the season, since we go to the beach in the summer, it's every 3 - 4 weeks. Asta could go longer but Ally starts to smell. Plus, Ally is like "Pigpen" in the Peanuts cartoon, the one with the whirlwind of dirt around him? That's my girl! :lol: We know it's time for sure when her bed turns brown!
 
My guys get bathed 3-4 times a year, which works out to every 3-4 months, depending on how dirty they get.

I try to brush them every 2 weeks and trim their feet and sanitary areas every 4-6 weeks. This is also when i check over their body's for skin irritations or anything else medical that may have been going on with them.
 
Ours get brushed usually 3 time a week at least and trimmed every few weeks, but baths are probably only every 2 or 3 months but depending on the conditions outside and how yechey they get chewing bones it could be once a month.
 
Depending on the season, since we go to the beach in the summer, it's every 3 - 4 weeks. Asta could go longer but Ally starts to smell. Plus, Ally is like "Pigpen" in the Peanuts cartoon, the one with the whirlwind of dirt around him? That's my girl! :lol: We know it's time for sure when her bed turns brown!

Too funny:lol::lol: Well you know they are having a lot of fun.
 
Back
Top