How often

I only attend one class a week, and every other week there is agility display practice on an evening so in that case it would be twice a week.

During the rest of the time I am more focused on practicing good recalls, following me and watching me in different environments. Perhaps when Merlin starts I'll want to practice more, especially if I get the courage to try a competition. I do have a set of equipment but even in my large garden, setting up a course isn't easy because it is long and curvy rather than a square patch.

I think you just have to make the most of what you've got:wink2:
 
In a normal good weather week, we practice 5-6 days of the week for short time frames. Nellie also loves to go for a walk!!!
 
I take classes three times a week with various dogs...
Monday- ISC with Kai and Athena, then private lesson on my running contacts with Ember covering my use of Silvia Trkmans method
Tuesday- Ember in novice class, 1.5-2 hour private lesson with Athena, Kai, Aurora, Lark, and some with Ember (to cover what she specificially needs instead of what we get in class)
Wednesday- Lark is in puppy class
The rest of the week, when the ground isn't too wet to work on, which hasn't been often recently given the amount of rain we've had, I work the dogs out in the field next to my house. I have everything but the dogwalk and aframe, but will have them built soon. If it's raining, it's back to work on improving recall to heels, startlines, and crosses on the flat and at one jump.
Sometimes Saturday or Sunday a myself and a friend or two will rent the building my trainer has to work courses or contacts.
 
Up untill this week he had a 1HR class and then I did twice a week 1 to 2 hrs
over that. I just gave him a week off after the last trail & now I have cut him back to no class & 2 short workouts of less then 30 minutes as he was seeming to get bored and not energetic about going out lately, so I thought I would just try some short, quick, fun sessions, to see if I could perk his interest back up again, it seems to be helping. I think I might have been training to much and not making it fun so I am trying to lighten it up for him.
 
Last edited:
I seem to practice the least. I have formal training once a week. And I will practice small things at home maybe a day or two. Granted, because i'm doing all this foundation stuff again, we were working almost everyday. And just recently, I think I took 2 weeks off from everything but our paid class.

Our training at home too, is basics (no room) and lasts for about 10 mins. Fast, simple.

When I move (end of next month), I'll see where my money is going and if I have any leftover for either more paid classes or space for more things (indoors). I need a BIG living room, lol.

Now you can see why we're not progressing as fast as most people would. I just don't have the time nor space. Oh, but with the longer days, I can get outside more (I typically don't get home from work until 6pm). Yay! So that means more work. Or I hope.
 
I hate to admit, but we normally only do agility once a week. I have all of the equipment at home except a broad jump and a dog walk but because of the constant rain, my grass is VERY tall and there's standing water and mud so I really can't go out there right now to practice much. We can't get a whole week without rain so it makes it kind of difficult.
 
Na, I think I must do the least. I have one class a week - which isnt a very good class. We had a 3mth break over summer (club was closed and Tully hurt her back) and have probably only done 5 or 6 classes since.

With dog training classes for other activities 4 days a week there is no hope for picking up other classes. I rarely practise outside of class nowadays as dont have the space at home and its a pain to lug home made equipment to the local oval with distractions. Mind you it shows - I haven't bothered with comps this year because Tully isnt doing to well. We get back on the circuit next month so I better pull my finger out.
 
Back
Top