How to find a good breeder?

Welcome :smile2:
I got my first sheltie (Callie) from a sheltie rescue- she was 5 then- and is 9 now and is a wonderful girl
good luck on your search :yes:
 
I don't know if Kathy Gray breeds anymore (Gray Manor), but she had some wonderful Shelties (Am/Can Ch Gray Manor's Lad Like Dad). So does Sharon Schutte (Brynmere) (mostly tri's/bi's, I believe).

http://www.sscgd.org/

I'd help you out myself, but my next litter won't be for at least two years!
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your search for the perfect sheltie. The ASSA and local shelties clubs breeder referal programs are are great place to start.
 
Hi Chad, Im in Lansing and have a few suggestions...

Of course the Shetland Sheepdog Club of Greater Detroit is a wonderful place to start, they have some links to some breeders and their phone numbers... Not every breeder in the club is tech savvy, so some websites are greatly outdated unfortunately.

If youre looking for sables- I would suggest Pat Gustofson (Agape Shelties), Veronica Dowling (HiDow Shelties), or Don & Linda Chilson (Lil' Blessings Shelties)... If youre looking for AOAC - Id suggest Priscilla Gardner (Breakaway Shelties), Diane Debolt (Wyndmyst Shelties), and Therese Walters (Walters Way Shelties).

These people are actively showing, winning, and produce good solid Shelties - temperament and structure.
 
Back
Top