Caro
Moderator
Does anyone have advice on what I need to do to prepare for Deska's recuperation from surgery? He has to completely rest for 2wks and then can only walk to toilet for 6wks, after which its slow rehab.
I know quite a few people had to rest their dogs due to various surgeries, I've never had to do this. So hoping for advice on keeping him still, keeping him occupied, how do you take a dog to the toilet, should I get him a jacket (heading into winter here), how do I feed and water him and keep Tully away? I'm sure there's a hundred and one other things I haven't thought of.
Do dog's want to get up and about - am I likely to have trouble keeping him still or do they become fearful about walking? I really have no idea what to expect.
I know quite a few people had to rest their dogs due to various surgeries, I've never had to do this. So hoping for advice on keeping him still, keeping him occupied, how do you take a dog to the toilet, should I get him a jacket (heading into winter here), how do I feed and water him and keep Tully away? I'm sure there's a hundred and one other things I haven't thought of.
Do dog's want to get up and about - am I likely to have trouble keeping him still or do they become fearful about walking? I really have no idea what to expect.


