How to secure crate in car.

We finagled a couple bungee cords through various hooks in the back of my husband's SUV then through the wires in the crate. Hard to explain, but there wasn't really a science to it. You could also maybe hook them through the headrests in the back seat if there aren't any hooks in the ceiling or on the sides.
 
Last edited:
I bought some webbing type straps at the auto supply store which I wrap around the crate and under the seat backs which are folded down. It works great in my SUV.
 
The best thing to do is jam it behind the rear seats. Next best is to secure it low, somewhere around the base. Do not use bungee cords or cable ties. Cable ties will snap, and bungees will not stop forward motion. I have two crates in my van, on a platform that has eye bolts keeping the crates from sliding off the platform; jammed behind the rear seats, which will also stop forward motion; and then they are tied together the length of the three sides with nylon parachute cord. The platform is tied to tie downs in the rear, but I don't really expect those to hold, which is why the middle seats are still in.
 
Back
Top