I love my Sheltie...but these are cute!!!

All I have to say is "DOUBLE REAR DEW CLAWS!!!" Ick!!!

Double rear dew claws! I didn't even know that was possible. Are they something that are one higher than the other? or next to each other? Strange. I hope they remove them. I seriuosly dislike dew claws. I'm always afraid something is going to happen (Koji has his fronts).

And thanks for the photos. I think I like them better in biscuit, not red. I wonder what the black ones look like. But they are cute.

My hubby said the one w/the short hair looks like a Shiba Inu (probably another reason I like this breed). lol.
 
They remind me in looks like a Spitz type breed, in Germany...
aka Pomeranian style.. nothing but bark and sauce all day all the time ;)
 
I absolutely love northern breed Spitz-like dogs. No offense to any Shelties, but my favorite breed is the Siberian Husky. (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Shelties and wouldn't trade them for the world but Huskies make my heart melt.)

That Spitz look is what I love about this dog. I've have to really do more research to see if I'd ever consider owning one but on looks alone, its BEAUTIFUL!

But then, I look at Edan and CJ and they are so adorable I can't help but smile at them. I love them so much. :o
 
When Timber died, I looked at the Miniature American Eskimo (I think I have the right name). I loved the look and size of the dog, but was less enamoured of the working dog type that it was (prone to stubborness, as I recall).

But the same look, with the "herding" aspect! I think I would like this dog...and would consider if Shelties ever disappeared off the planet. :biggrin2:
 
Double rear dew claws! I didn't even know that was possible. Are they something that are one higher than the other? or next to each other? Strange. I hope they remove them. I seriuosly dislike dew claws. I'm always afraid something is going to happen (Koji has his fronts).

Justice had double rear dewclaws when he was born. They came out at the same level. He had an uncle when triple rear dewclaws. :eek2: Funny though, Justice's niece Ember had no rear dewclaws.I have actually seen quite a number of shelties born with double dewclaws. Most not related to my dogs.

I think if I remember, Briards, Great Prys, Beaucerons, Icelandic Sheepdogs all require double dewclaws. I can't remember off the top of my head if there are others.
 
Back
Top