Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ida's registered name (help!)

Discussion in 'Pedigrees' started by Tabitha, Aug 15, 2013.

Which registered name do you like best?

1. Greensleave's Light in the Parlor

25.0%
  2. Greensleeve's Lady in Red

75.0%
  1. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Well, I've FINALLY registered Jody and Ida. By now I'd been dead seat on 'Lady In Red' for Ida. But, unfortunately, it's already been taken.:( So her registered name is 'Light In The Parlor'. 'Lady In Red' had really grown on me, and I was really disappointed when I could't register her under that name. But like I said, I'm very happy with either.:biggrin2:

I'm also going to hold off on the kennel name, Greensleeve's Shelties, for now. I'm going to think about it for a while and decide if that's the name I really want to use, and I'm not going to use one until I've established a professional breeding program for show quality shelties and have my own puppies (obviously I'm not going to be doing that with my current dogs!:wink2:).

2. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Why Greensleeves? Just curious. And I like Light in the Parlor :)

3. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Thanks!:biggrin2:

I love music. I always have a song stuck in my head. The song Greensleeves is very beautiful and soothing and I play it on my guitar a lot, it reminds me in a way of my shelties. I thought it would be the best kennel name for my dogs. But now I'm not so sure. I'm still considering it, but I have a few other names that I on my mind. I still have quite a few years to think about the kennel name though.:smile2:

4. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Greensleeves originated in my favorite time and place in history--England in the 1500's. King Henry the 8th supposedly wrote it for Anne Boleyn, but it was more likely actually written during Elizabeth 1st time. And it was probably about a woman thought to be a prostitute. How it got to be a Christmas song from those origins is a wonder LOL
    But you're right its a lovely soothing madrigal, and now I have it stuck in my head too!!