i have to have Sugar,(she thinks she is my funny looking white sheltie) have a summer cut, otherwise she is miserible. so many people thought was horrible, untill they saw her....
I am sure that Bitsy Boodle can proudly carry off any "do" that she is given. I saw a Sheltie a year ago or so at the dog park that had a summer cut. It was about 4 inches long and she looked like a puppy. It was so pretty! Ellie has so much coat that we have to trim her belly hair (it grows to the ground!!) and her front "feathers" because they grow so long she steps on them.
I think sometimes people get too obsessed with Sheltie hair. We have to be reasonable to accomodate the being that's wearing it! Ellie would not be comfortable stepping on her own hair and if Bitsy is miserable in her summer coat, why NOT help her to be comfortable? That's my thoughts on it.
P.S. I also think punk pink would be rad, man. Rock on!
I've seen the before and after shots now, and I have to say, personally, that this would have been a last resort for me. But perhaps it was for you.
I suspect you won't get alot of abuse from the forum, simply because we love you! You are kind-hearted and generous and rarely controversial. So I don't think you'll get beat up for it, even though folk may disagree with it. I think you will escape the forum's wrath!
Am I missing something? I don't see any before and after photos.
You know what's best for your dogs Chris. If you think shaving her will make her more comfortable than do it. After all, it is just hair and will grow back.
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.