I'm so excited...

So, yesterday was our first practice at this lady's field. OMG - it was WONDERFUL. She has all the standard equipment, PLUS all the foundation equipment like obstacle trainers, a smaller dog walk, balance discs, perch blocks etc.

We had a blast there. AND Maia had some HUGE breakthroughs too!
1. When we first got there, Jo, the owner, had the chute out (a long one). Maia has NEVER up to that point gone through a closed chute. Chinook,yes, but Maia no. So, just for fun, I send Chinook in. He to my surprise does not go through it - but Maia does!!! I was amazed and so happy. After that, she and Chinook would go through it no problems.

2. THEN, later on when training, Maia went across the smaller dog walk, with no hesitation either. I was so proud of her.

3. She took a double and a triple jump effortlessly. She has never seen these before. OK, mind you we were not training at that point, she was chasing Chinook, but still. It was beautiful to see her fly over them.

and last but not least!!!!....
4. She went on the teeter!!!! Yay- she has MAJOR issues with the teeter. Not only does it move, but it makes noise. She got spooked on it before and just would refuse to get back on. And here she was. The first two times I held it so it went down slow and quiet, but still. Funny thing though, she would take it in one direction, but when I had her turn around and go back the other way, she would get to the half point and just before it tipped, she'd jump off! Always in that one direction though. Weird.


I was so happy and proud of her. I left there on cloud nine. I know small accomplishments, but huge in Maia's world for now.
 
Agility

That is great Ann.Maybe training in different places is what Maia needs.I train as many different places with Sting as I can.I wanted to enter him in a B Match this comming sat but can not get the time off from work plus I still have to have someone run him for me.
 
Back
Top